PDA

View Full Version : Picasso's Wife.....

NYCindy
07-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Wanted to share my miniature painting in glass - this is done on Effetre/Moretti sheet glass with Paradise paints and Thompson enamel pens then rolled onto a base of red filigrana. I call her "Picasso's wife"

farkel
07-29-2004, 08:59 AM
I've never done any painting and can't imagine painting on such a small surface. Beautiful, thanks for showing the lady!

Retta Gates
07-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Sure is a cute little lady :) I love it.

rosebead
07-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Very cool Cindy. I can't wait to start playing with paridise paints.

GardenGirl1002
07-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Wow! Beautiful bead! It's so unique. Do you paint on glass first and then apply it to a base with your torch? I guess I'm just really curious how you do that. I'm not familiar with the paints, so I have no idea how you achieve that effect, but it's wonderful!
Kristen :)

NYCindy
07-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the compliments, All! :-)

Kristen - yes, I paint on Moretti/Effetre sheet glass first, using the Thompson enamel pens to draw a figure then let it dry by putting it into a kiln to about 700 degrees (burns off the binder) but not enough to really adhere it to the glass. Then I paint in reverse with the Paradise paints and fire again - enough to burn out the binder. Then I make a base bead of transparent Effetre/Moretti/Vetrofond and heat the painting and wind it onto the base bead. Right into the kiln after that for annealing - no batch annealing for these beads!

Wow! Beautiful bead! It's so unique. Do you paint on glass first and then apply it to a base with your torch? I guess I'm just really curious how you do that. I'm not familiar with the paints, so I have no idea how you achieve that effect, but it's wonderful!
Kristen :)

dread
07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Super job Cindy I love the face !

!ngridh
07-29-2004, 10:00 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!! you know you might find a great selling venue for work like this at the MOMA gift shop!!

MaureenKennedy
07-29-2004, 11:42 PM
That is one great bead. I have never heard of enamel pens - does the enamel roll on smothly using it?

NYCindy
07-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Deb, thanks! Appreciate the compliment from someone else who makes such lovely painted beads! :-)

Thanks, Ingridh! The MOMA! Wow! I'd certainly be proud to have beads in their gift shop! :-)

Maureen - thanks! Yes, the enamel rolls on smoothly. You can buy a set or just one from the Thompson site - I think a whole set costs about $35.00 and about $9.00 per pen. You shake the pen to mix the enamel with the binder and have to squeeze slightly on them as you draw.

That is one great bead. I have never heard of enamel pens - does the enamel roll on smothly using it?