PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday, well, here anyway! Show 'em !

JameyLynn
07-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Well, here we go. I rarely show pictures because I have to use a scanner and well, it sucks :rolleyes: . The pictures just don't turn out good. This bead in person is pretty cool.

DebbieSue
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Great bead! I still can't get those to come out right. Gonna' have to practice... :D

Debbie

Briatha
07-29-2004, 02:00 AM
WOW JameyLynn I love the way it looks on the end!

Here's some White Raspberry that came out of my kiln.

SusanH
07-29-2004, 02:41 AM
JameyLynn- that is one cool bead- I like the top view! Well done!
Faith- I love that shade of deep pink- looks great with the white.

Here is mine for today- I used dark ivory for the base, a mixture of enamels (never to be duplicated), some random transparent grass green dots plus just a bit of sis. Then squished with my mashers (no new-fangled tools for me yet!) and voila- woodlands tabs!

Susan

MABlackmore
07-29-2004, 03:57 AM
Fabulous work everyone :clap:
This is my first showcase and I'm kinda proud even tho one set is relatively simple - my aMOOzing set - I like the way it looks and its...well...FUN :D
Hope the piccies show up???? :confused:

Booger
07-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Michelle - Holy Cows, do I ever like them! They are fun and the red flowers set is lovely.
Faith - love the color combo. Very clean look.
Susan - really like the shapes on your tabs. It really shows off the organic centers.
And JameyLynn - That is a wonderful bead! I am trying to figure out why the top fluted sideways? I like that effect very much!

Okay - two to toss in the viewing pile. One is CloudBoy (Blue Moon?) (who needs a better name) Solid Color Bullseye and UGH! The Bead Man Who Didn't Make The Grade, but kids are really going for him. Also Bullseye and I think he needs something.. Profile Bead Buddies? Or stuck in a "Head To The Bar" Booger Soap..

Have A Day With Some Magic In It,
Blue Moon Booger

KellyD
07-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Jameylynn-Your bead in the picture looks pretty cool too!

Faith~briatha- White and pink, one of my fav. combos, very nice

Susan- I love the colors in that set

Michelle- The Moo beads are fun,they made me smile

Booger- your beads are always amazing

My set for the day is a Gator with a couple of hollows and a couple of reg. beads. I made a foot to go in his mouth and was going to call him "Tourist Season" but that probably wouldn't go over too well around here. :D

jferreri
07-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Beautiful beads everyone! Kelly, I love the gator. I think you should add the foot and call it "Locals laugh at tourists". Just Kidding!!! You gotta love tourist season.

Jonolyn

Foofaraw
07-29-2004, 08:57 AM
JameyLynn ~ I still think it looks cool, great job! The top almost looks like a pointsetta!
Briatha ~ great job with the pink. I'm showing the set today that was done in the same color combo as yours yesterday, like I said then not 1/2 as pretty!
Susan ~ very earthy, reminds me of moss covered pebbles
Michelle ~ I'd be proud of those too! You need to stop by more often! I love the Mooo set, I have a friend that would go nuts over those and the flowers are fabulous, what color are they, I don't recognize it??
Booger ~ your stuff always amazes me!
Kelly ~ you did a great job on those gators! Well and the hollows!

Here's my set, Briatha and I must have been on the same wavelenght this week. Amber rose and opal yellow, but I didn't get 1/3 of the color changing that she did!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2004/19877-sorbet.jpg

farkel
07-29-2004, 09:26 AM
What a beautiful way to start the day, gazing at the talents abounding in this showcase.

Faith may I ask how you achieved the pointed shape of your bead. I've done the triangles but they are much less sharp angles. Lovely bead and the colors are my favorite.

Thanks to all of you for bringing a little sunshine to my day. (few and far between lately, family "stuff" :crying: )

Christopher Rice
07-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Just some stuff we have been working on all with boro glass! We also have updated our website if there are any comments or suggestions we would love to hear them.....
Thanks again,
Chris & Jackie
www.cnyglass.com

jeffwelsh23462
07-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Well here is a new technique i have been working on this week ... the wig wam technique...

GinaJ
07-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Another wonderful show and tell!
Here is some purple and black Moretti from me:

Juls
07-29-2004, 11:07 AM
What a way to start the day! I love S&T...such great eye candy!

That cow set is toooooo cuuuuuuute!! And that gator is too much..."tourist season"...LOL.

My kiln fairie left me "confections" yesterday...its hard not to eat them!

mtbarr
07-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Really creative glass art today. Keep up the good work.

Has anyone else noticed that since the Gathering in Portland, a lot of "regulars" haven't been posting?? Miss them, too. We have some real artists on this forum. But, what I like, is a new artist can receive much recognition and encouragement on this site.. Lampworking has come a long way in the last ten years!!!

Black Beauty....thanks for letting me show him off...

swamperfolk
07-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Well here is a new technique i have been working on this week ... the wig wam technique...

Hey, Welcome Jeff.

For those that don't know Jeff was just voted the best Virginina Ebay store. Nice wig-wam.

Moth
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Pretty pretties! Faith, really like the fanciful quality of the pink and white. :clap:

Jeff: really like the wig wam...but I thought it was called wig waG. :confused: Congratulations of your best store! :clap:

Here is all I have. Mahogany base, yellow green cased swirls, pale pink flowers.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2004/24464-redbrownfloralseto.JPG

Have a great day!
~~Mary

bolimasa
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
JameyLynn- that is one cool bead- I like the top view! Well done!
Faith- I love that shade of deep pink- looks great with the white.

Here is mine for today- I used dark ivory for the base, a mixture of enamels (never to be duplicated), some random transparent grass green dots plus just a bit of sis. Then squished with my mashers (no new-fangled tools for me yet!) and voila- woodlands tabs!

Susan

I really like those!
I am bead-press-less too, but to tell you the truth, I really like hand pressed tabs!! Maybe it's because I haven't had real life expose to lentils and zoozi beads. (Except for WC I work in a lampwork vacuum!). I really like to use them to make pendants. ...Hmmm maybe I just convinced myself to get a decent pair of mashers....

JameyLynn
07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks for all the compliments. I'm pretty sure that I am going to go out camera shopping this weekend. I have lots of really nice beads I want to put on the bay, but I'm not going to until I can take a decent picture. Scanning just does not cut it. You can't tell in my picture, but you can see all the way through the bead between the petals. (ahem, and I should have cleaned out the bead release better too :p )

And JameyLynn - That is a wonderful bead! I am trying to figure out why the top fluted sideways? I like that effect very much!

Thanks Booger, I've been working on getting this to work for a while. It literally took me about 20 different beads to get it do do that and I still only get about a 50% success rate. I make them so they are worn sideways to look like a flower. I use one of those head pins that have a "diamond" on the end to be the center of the flower.

paskon
07-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Wow, so many pretties this morning! I especially love the cow/pinto beads and the gator! Jennifer, the amber rose and opal yellow beads are yummy! I am sad that I didn't get any of that amber rose. Ooh, Black Beauty is gorgeous! My daughter and I love him! Juls, your beads are yummy too! I see some of my favorite colors there! Ooh, Susan...your woodland beads make me want to go for a walk in the woods...cool! Cool wigwag, Jeff! And Pan, I have always admired your work. I didn't know you made beads, too! Awesome!

Aack, I'm sorry I can't comment on everything...my torch is calling! But I love everything here this morning!

I had to show you all what came out of my kiln today. 2 sets in progress; a tropical set and a uranium yellow/amethyst/rose gold set. Also, my democratic donkey!! Yes, I know it looks like a horse with bunny ears, but I like him anyway! I'm going to wire him up with a bead tassel and wear him to a democrat convention party tonight. What fun!

-Patti

justlilolme
07-29-2004, 04:54 PM
:clap: Great beads everyone!
I especially like the mahogany florals, Mary- great colors!
Jennifer- Are those edible? They look scruptious! ;)
Michelle- Your Moo beads are too cute!
Linda....Every time I read your posts I get the Hokey Pokey goin through my head all day :music: lmbo
Strapped for time today, though I'd love to comment on everyone's pretties- Great showcase!

Here is my contribution for the day:

jeffwelsh23462
07-29-2004, 04:57 PM
thanks swamperfolk... for telling to come over her.. wc is grrr8!Hey, Welcome Jeff.

For those that don't know Jeff was just voted the best Virginina Ebay store. Nice wig-wam.

hotflashwanda
07-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Great beads today as always!
This is my first time posting a picture, my friend Gwacie is here forcing me to come out of the woodwork.

llglassdesigns
07-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Anita,
Those are really nice. :clap: Are they boro?
Deb

Fire Imp
07-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Here's the new one I'm putting on E-bay tonight...well, just the gallery picture since my other picture is too big...

Zonnestraaltje
07-29-2004, 07:34 PM
One is CloudBoy (Blue Moon?) (who needs a better name)

Have A Day With Some Magic In It,
Blue Moon Booger

Hey Booger baby!! The first thing I thought when I saw your cloud boy was Aeolus -- God of the winds. :D :clap:

hotflashwanda
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Anita,
Those are really nice. :clap: Are they boro?
Deb

Deb,
Yes, they are boro. :cool: I'm a boroholic...

Lyddie
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
OOOH! I am liking those cow beads! Nice beads everyone! Glad to know the bead karma has been good this week. I have been in a fishie mood, so here is my offering. I haven't posted in a while, so I am overdue to share. I just got my new bead squeeze in the mail - can't wait to play!

Happy bead dreams!
Lydia

gwacie
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Excellent show & tell. I finally have something beadlike to post again. I'm trying to be sure to keep an auction going each week but while vacations and company are fun I surely miss the torch time to get stuff made!

Booger, nice to see you posting and Kelly I like the crocs! HotFlash Anita already has a bid on her very first ebay auctions (lot of firsts for her today heh). Her boro is uniquely her own, which is rather refreshing.

I'm still fighting with getting accurate color representation for Effetre aqua. Open to suggestions here (and yea, I have light up the wazoo!!). Aside from looking a bit blue in the pic these are accurate. For me this set is a huge number of beads (21) cuz I have the attention span of a gnat. Also a cute little fishie for fun....

hotflashwanda
07-29-2004, 10:12 PM
HotFlash Anita already has a bid on her very first ebay auctions (lot of firsts for her today heh). Her boro is uniquely her own, which is rather refreshing.

I'm still fighting with getting accurate color representation for Effetre aqua. Open to suggestions here (and yea, I have light up the wazoo!!). Aside from looking a bit blue in the pic these are accurate. For me this set is a huge number of beads (21) cuz I have the attention span of a gnat. Also a cute little fishie for fun....

Hey B,
Thanks for all your help listing my auctions today--I'm sure you know I couldn't have done it without ya!
Now, about these blue beads, maybe the light would be better if you took it out of your wazoo! Hey, do I need to put that hineycon here? :D

littlecrow1
07-29-2004, 11:21 PM
WOW... drool!!!!!!!!!! Awesome beads everyone! That gator is hillarious!! Love it! and the democratic donkey kicks butt even though im republican...rofl ;)

Here is mine for the day..I only wish lilacs bloomed all year round!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151178&stc=1

CalmWaterStudio
07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Beautiful work EVERYONE!! I am so inspired by the talent you guys possess!!!

Here's my $.02 worth tonight.....

E-bay Auctions (http://search.ebay.com/gigi-beads_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8)

manda j
07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
That black beauty is quite wonderful and I too love those 'gators! Must be on an animal kick! I'm in the middle of a fusing class, a different view of glass. Maybe I'll post some of that stuff next week.
'manda

mtbarr
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Manda, lets see some of your fusing projects when you can post. There are a lot of fusers on this forum.. me for one.
Thanks for the compliment on "Black Beauty".