PDA

View Full Version : Our New Studio

EDJ Drakkan
07-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Well, we've finally moved into our new house and I've basically finished our new studio (all 3 workstations have been setup and tested and they work for making beads :clap: ) Each workstation is 4 feet wide by 3 feet deep and has stainless steel on the table and wall. There is a exhaust hood above each station with a light and there is track lighting with a switch in the bench at each workstation to control the lights above that station. The Propane is in the garage on the other side of the wall from the workstations (for safety) and the O2 concentrator for my pump is under my workstation.

rosiescreations
07-28-2004, 06:34 AM
How cool! What a great setup. Congrats!!
Thanks for showing your new space.

MegannsMom
07-28-2004, 08:33 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:! Loving It! Bet you are, too! How I wish I had a STUDIO, instead of a KITCHEN! HEEHEE! Maybe then I could torch in peace..... :D . Congratulations!
~Cindy

Crowe
07-28-2004, 09:25 AM
What a terrific set up! (and so neat) :clap: Congratulations!

Ignuss-Fatuus
07-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Beautiful Workspace! The only thing Im a little worried about is the height and placement of your vent hoods. They look too high to be to appropriately pull fumes and dust away from the flame....and also they look like they are behind the torch not placed over the flame portion....Perhaps Bill or Dale can pipe in here....but otherwise everything looks fantastic!

DebbieSue
07-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Wow! Beautiful setup! :clap: The vents do look a little high. I had mine high and far back when I first set up and had problems breathing after torching for a few hours. My DH moved it down, forward and put up baffles - end of problem!

Debbie

Toxey's Treasures
07-28-2004, 08:48 PM
That is so beautiful!! Congrats.

vintagelb
07-31-2004, 12:51 AM
hello ..
i am in the thought process of a new studio can you give the specs on those hoods and fans.. like where u got them and the cfms and average cost... also dependign on your glass the fan should pull a tissue towards it or pretty damb close to be working effective...

i currently have an attic fan that pulls 1400 cfm.. and personally would like a 1600 cfm or even 1800 cfm .. that would make me much happier..
well any info on your hoods would be great
thanks alot
annie
happy beading
www.glassbeadstore.com

ps.. your set up looks great..