PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Drawing Event- July 31, 2004

lisilk
07-27-2004, 02:23 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jul-2004/17813-731invite.jpg

Please join me in the All Media Art Events (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133/) forum on Sat., July 31st. The AMAE forum can also be located through the Town Center. The drawing events are a blast as artists around the world paint, draw, digitally manipulate, sculpt or scribble together for 2 hours. All mediums welcome. Come join in the fun !

As someone who would rather dig a ditch than even attempt a portrait or action painting of people, this weeks challenge is all about PEOPLE ! Every photo will contain at least one person and there will be several portrait photo's to choose from as well. Swallow your fears and dive in with me. We can learn together.

You can create your artwork anytime during the weekend. You have 1/2 hour to choose a photo, and two hours to create your original work of art -- using whatever media you like. You can then post a new thread in the All Media Art Events section - with WDE JULY 31 or 7/31 in the title. Dont worry if you dont finish your painting in that timeframe just post what youve accomplished so far you can always update your thread later.

The images will be posted in the All Media Art Events section of the Town Center on Saturday, July 31, 2004 1/2 hour PRIOR to the start times below.

New York-Sat 4pm, Paris-Sat 10pm, Anchorage-Sat 12pm, Amsterdam-Sat 10pm, New Orleans-Sat 3pm, Vancouver-Sat 1pm, Manila-Sun 4pm, London-Sat 9pm, Halifax-Sat 5 pm, Sydney- Sun 6am, Toronto- Sat 4pm, US Mountain time-Sat 2pm, Helsinki-11pm

Come and join the fun !

Li

FriendCarol
07-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Oooo, people! Guess I'd better put some cadmium (red or yellow pale, maybe both) on my palette. ;)

Thanks for the invitation, Li, and for hosting us this week. :)

dcorc
07-28-2004, 08:53 AM
OK, I'm in on this one, for sure! (I don't hate painting people - I just hate people :evil: :D )

:p Dave

cmwynn
07-28-2004, 05:28 PM
You would think after the mess I made of Scott a few weeks ago, I would never do another portrait. But I have been joining in on the weekly project in the Drawing and Sketching forum and this week's photo was a lovely little girl. I drew that so that she looks okay, if not great, so am looking forward to this challenge.
Connie

lisilk
07-28-2004, 05:48 PM
ROFLOL ! Okay kids....settle down. There will be A FEW close ups of faces, some figurative shots ( with clothes ) and some landscapes with people in them. You'll understand when you see the pictures, they'll be easier than it sounds ( remember...I don't do people either ! )

Don't be afraid ! Move toward to light ! :p

See you Sat.

Li

P.S. Connie- give yourself some credit for trying something new and succeeding . :clap:

jlloren
08-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi. I wanted to join the Weekly Drawing Event but didn't know how to go about it. I tried opening the link but all I could find were the marvelous works done by the participants. Now I feel like chickening out but would like to know how to join nonetheless.

Thanks!

lisilk
08-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Hi jlloren !

The Images thread disappears fast when the paintings start coming in. Sometimes it's on the 2nd page. It always has a lightbulb next to it. It's not too late to join in !

Come on over and play. Here's the image thread.

WDE July 31 Images Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206324/)

Li