PDA

View Full Version : six degrees from getting a real life or how to come up with a marble that everyone...

Mike E etc
07-24-2004, 11:10 AM
... can afford!
I have been looking for the perfect marble for online sales... ;) ... that does not take too much time to make, looks good from all angles and the technique is stable enough so that the marble comes out nice everytime. The marble I came up with is a banded marble with lots goldstone, dicro and looks good from all angles; images ( http://www.glassartists.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=6526) They still take 20 minutes but there are very few rejects. When my order of dicro gets here I will have to get on the eight ball (http://www.glassartists.org/Images/UserImages/Img28708_eight-ball-.jpg) and make more of these marbles and with some luck they will catch on and I will be rolling in clover (http://glassartists.imghost.org/8000/Img8224_a-clover-four-l.jpg) for a change.

Mike E

LindaS
07-24-2004, 11:17 AM
The marbles are fantastic! You should do very well with marketing them. I cannot decide which is my favorite.
Thanks for sharing them.
Linda

dogmaw
07-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Mike,

I have to admit, your marbles are pretty spectacular. At the risk of being rude, I will say that the yellow/goldstone combination just doesn't work for me. Personal prefferance, take it with a grain of salt. Now make me one with yellow/red/orange and I will grab it immediately!

Jo

dawnann
07-24-2004, 04:36 PM
I lost my Marbles a few days ago :( ....can I have some of yours.... :D They are Beautiful! :clap: Dawn

!ngridh
07-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I think you are on to something too... my favorite is ? hummmm how to describe... in the rows with 3 pics each...eliminating the rows with only one marble.... it is the last one in the next to last row or #15
If you count the first single marble it is then #16 and I hope I counted those right... maybe for the same reason as someone else said... I like the dichro better than the goldstone...You might as some of the women around here what our favorite color combo's are...and also do some test marketing by color preferences to see if it makes any difference...

if you are selling to guys the colors will be different than what you sell to women and ...gee that makes sense ......do you know if your customers are primarily men or women? or just about equal...;-)))
;-))))) nice going MIke!

Trishki
07-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Ah...I love your marbles...
but...
couldn't you make a HOLE through them, so one can WEAR them :evil: :D ?!!?!

Mike E etc
07-25-2004, 09:08 AM
LOL,
!ngred and all.
Jo,
most these marbles, even with my poor judgement in color combinations, look great in hand. That is the real test of these marbles, there failsafe. :D
Men or women... about equal.

Mike E

dogmaw
07-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Maybe that is my problem, I've never actually seen a marble in person. Hmm... now only if I had one... :evil:

Jo

Mike E etc
07-25-2004, 10:43 AM
That would be so easy to fix Jo...wink wink nod nod...

Mike E

dogmaw
07-25-2004, 11:24 AM
That would be so easy to fix Jo...wink wink nod nod...

Mike E

I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't aprove of me getting marbles that way!
:evil: Guess I'll just have to save my pennies.

Jo

CharleneN
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Mike,

Wow! Those are gorgeous marbles! I bet you do really with them :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlene