PDA

View Full Version : First time Show & Tell Organics

CharleneN
07-23-2004, 06:58 PM
This is my first time showing pics of my beads! I just love the way they came out

The first one is Tongue Pink. Second Dark Ivory which I could not get to toast. Third is Silver Pink which I was toally thrilled with when it came out of the kiln...it went in white white white!

I used intense black stringer, and gold stone on all three.

This scan makes them look all wonky. The only one that is is the Dark Ivory one..it is alittle fatter on one side. The others have good shape. Don't have time to take proper pics yet.
I made them on my HH.

I just wanted to add that you cannot see the detail on these. The goldstone turned to silver...some stay gold. Since I had encased a chunk and pulled a stringer you can look right into too.

I'll have to take some close ups photos when I get a chance.

Charlene

Listenup
07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
I love the way your organics turned out! Glad you showed them to us. I especially like the silver pink one. Great color!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

-Kay

justlilolme
07-23-2004, 08:37 PM
MMMM- Those turned out beautiful, Charlene! The patterns are so intricate and sharp...I have a hard time with this style of bead, as mine always turn out muddy. Great job!
Marianne

CharleneN
07-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Kay and Marianne,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I had a BLAST makin these and hopefully will take some closeups of them...can't you just tell I am thrilled with the detail? :) :)

That silver pink one was a real suprise. I kept trying to get it to strike and didn't think I was able to as it went into the kiln white...nice suprise when I took it out!

Ok...enough pattin myself on the back!

Thanks again,
Charlene

Shawn T.
07-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Charlene,
I just love them! Wow!
You got such a cool effect and great webbing with the black.
I can't decide which one is my favorite, I like them all.
Would love to see more of your work, so keep on posting pic. :D
Shawn
Who loves organics

Glitzy Glass
07-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Thank you for sharing the beads are just beautiful!!!

farkel
07-24-2004, 12:05 AM
I really do like the webbing effect you achieved. Is it the intense black that makes that happen?
Beautiful work and I LOVE the shape ;)

Be good,

Shawn T.
07-24-2004, 12:10 AM
I really do like the webbing effect you achieved. Is it the intense black that makes that happen?
Beautiful work and I LOVE the shape ;)

Be good,

Fran,
The intense black will get you the webbing effect. It can be done on any torch. Take a look at the Organic Tut I did in the Glass Forum, it tells how to make your black web along with some other cool ideas on Organics, plus some really great "eye candy".
Shawn

Virginia L.
07-24-2004, 01:08 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Keep having fun - you will be great - it shows - Virginia L.

CharleneN
07-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks to EVERYONE for your very kind words about my beads.....They really are appreciated!

I want to try some more of these adding touches of other reacative colors to them such as copper green, sky blue, tuorquoise and some sis. They are just tons of fun to make!

I have learned so much since I have been coming to this site. Shawn your tutorial on organics is great and many folks have posted the most awesome beads in that thread. It is very inspirational.

Fran...love those mashers....can't wait to get my oxycon so I can set up the minor and try one of the BIG ones!

Thanks again,
Charlene