PDA

View Full Version : Structure Critique - Pits

dichromary
07-23-2004, 03:54 PM
This bead did not come out well. I envisioned wispy gaffer cane effect with dichroic shimmer but I got the pits instead.

The core is clear Spectrum baroque (waiting for system 96 canes from Monique), rolled in Val's Zen White, wrapped with Dichro Magic 96 dichroic, used more frit (Gaffer cerulium blue, system 96 cherry red, Gaffer apricot, and system 96 sea foam), then I wrapped the bead with Gaffer canes in blue, white, and green.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. Mary

KikkiSweden
07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I think you were trying too many things at once. I would try it without the frit layer after the dichro and see if it turned out "wispier".

Beth Myers
07-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Mary,
You just boiled the bejeeber out of this poor bead. You also used too many different colors, some reacted with each other, some burned, the rest got muddy and you have a mess....LOL! ;)
Girl, all that idea busting energy is a great thing, you've just got to spread it around and not use it up all on one bead.
This looks like you have a good idea in mind, I'd try try try again.
And try not to get it so hot this time, are you on a hot head?
I would love to see another one, hope you'll post again.
Beth

dogmaw
07-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Try it again without the red. I think that red frit just overwhelmed the rest of the bead.

Jo

dichromary
07-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Thank you Kikki, Beth, and Jo for the comments.

Beth is right, I got carried away and burned the glass and the pits most likely were caused by all the frit I used. I was dipping into whichever frit I could reach and I heated it over and over to try to get the ends to even out.

I will make another today using Kikki's suggestion w/o any frit on the dichro. Monique's system 96 rods arrived and I will use the transparent rod. Yesterday's bead was way too busy. Mary

Beth Myers
07-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Thank you Kikki, Beth, and Jo for the comments.

Beth is right, I got carried away and burned the glass and the pits most likely were caused by all the frit I used. I was dipping into whichever frit I could reach and I heated it over and over to try to get the ends to even out.

Mary

ROFLMAO.....Been there many times.......OHHHH the poor beads I've murdered with my bare hands.................enthusaism is a wonderful thing, go for it.
Beth