PDA

View Full Version : Something Abstract

bug
10-07-2001, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone,
I've been busy painting (5 paintings) anyway this is the only abstract one I did, I took a bit of time off from abstracts, I'd show you want I've done but they aren't abstract so if you want to see 2 of them look in the acrylic forum one has been sold. anyway this abstract I liked doing but I don't really care for the results. it's ok sort of a cat abstract can you see it? it's a bad picture so I'll have to photograph it again (had to crop a lot off).:(

bug
10-08-2001, 08:27 PM
well now I know for sure this painting is real bad not one person remarked on it after an entire day.
So I guess it's up to me; nice colors, interesting shapes but the painting just doesn't work in short it sucks!;) :D Hey you have to laugh at yourself at times like this.:rolleyes:

Shey
10-08-2001, 10:12 PM
I really like this.....I have to be honest with you, I know absolutly nothing about abstract art. I have just now started really looking at abstracts. I do see a cat in your painting and I love the colors you used. Where does one come up with an idea for an abstract? My paintings tend to be realistic with maybe a touch of impressionism. (ok I'm kidding myself,I paint too tight!) anyway, I would really love to try something like this one day. Keep doing these they are really great!

Shey

ThinkSeeDraw
10-09-2001, 08:41 PM
I think this picture is good, but it could be better.... I can see the cat, but only if you point it out, and then, the cat looks kind of silly, like it's cartoonish.... If there were more features to give the cat away, it would help.... I think that this could be a REALLY good picture if certain things were taken care of.... I would like to see more of your abstract work...

ThinkSeeDraw
10-09-2001, 08:42 PM
Ok one more..... the background is more of a cyan color.... maybe if you used a red shade to bring out the other colors... that should help a bit... but only on that back part around the edge

colorme
10-10-2001, 06:55 AM
hey bug, i like the colors you've used:)

Jan-Michael
10-10-2001, 06:48 PM
I think it's kewl... :) I like the shadows in it.. and it looks like a cat to me...

RonMarko
10-11-2001, 09:37 PM
Nice Job on this Bug ! Nice Blues and great shapes - I kinda see the cat. that's a wide cat!

Give us people some time to respond! I know I'm very slow in the response area...I'm trying tho'.

I really like this style and I'm going to check out the others now!
:clap:

reynolds
10-12-2001, 02:19 AM
so you may want to just think this is awful but i do not. i really do see the cat. i like the lines on the edges and it is a piece that really showcases perspective. so give the inner critic a rest and relax a little....;)

kayemme
10-28-2001, 01:26 PM
i liked it better before i was told that it was a cat.

i find it interesting in some ways: the hard-edged lines with such "feminine" colours, a contradiction.

the patterning alone creates a very nice tension...

what size is it?

yours,
k

bug
10-28-2001, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.:clap:
This painting is on a 22x28 canvas, I usually like to work on no smaller then 18x24 but have done a few 8x10's from time to time.