PDA

View Full Version : New fishy - 4&1/2 inch vessel - my daughters art glass

Virginia L.
07-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Hello - I tried to upload this fishy today - but my computer just wouldn't do it - so here it is...I also have been trying to make a really special vessel for my daughter - she just had her birthday - and she collects art glass - the picture is just a TINY grouping of her collection - I am trying to measure up to famouse glass artists with a minor - I will have to get more heat some day - well with this one - I guess I had too much heat and some of the glass is burnt - I am just ill - I wanted to have something really special when I got to her house - I will give her a different one that I am proud of, but this one would have really been wonderful if I had not burnt it - I am off to Alberta on Saturday - I am sooooooooooo excited - hope you are all having a good day - God Bless - Virginia L.

!Karen
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Very nice Virginia, and have a wonderful time with your family!!

:)Karen

Virginia L.
07-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Very nice Virginia, and have a wonderful time with your family!!

:)Karen

Thanks so much Karen for commenting on my work - I am slowly becoming more and more invissible at WC - I think I must have a social desease - Of 128 people looking you are the only one that bothered to comment. I appreiciate that so much - these are so much work and I am struggling so hard with the vessels - thanks again - Virginia

JavaGirlBT
07-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Virginia, I'm sorry the vessel got burned, but your daughter should love that fish.

Lara
07-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks so much Karen for commenting on my work - I am slowly becoming more and more invissible at WC - I think I must have a social desease - Of 128 people looking you are the only one that bothered to comment. I appreiciate that so much - these are so much work and I am struggling so hard with the vessels - thanks again - Virginia

Virginia, I feel the same way sometimes. I have noticed that the traffic is slower here now. It was the same last summer.

I really like your fish, he is too cute.

Lara

CharleneN
07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Virginia,

I love your pieces and am so sorry the vessel burned...it is most awesome as is the fish!

Hope you enjoy your weekend...and thanks for posting your work. I think this fish is in the top 2 or 3 of all the fish I have seen. I just love his soft colors and his face is great.

Charlene

snootyvixen
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Yooohooo virginia! *waving* I see you!!!

It sure is a shame about your burned glass (we've all done it, I'm sure!) but you know what? A gift from Mom is always special, no matter what it is, and I know your daughter will be just thrilled that you even had the guts to gt out there and make something for her collection! (My MIL basically collects *anything* - including junk - so she's the one who takes my cracked beads, and she treasures each and every one as if it were made by a world reknowned beadmaker!)

The fish is so cute! I have to ask - do you have a pic with one of your fishies hanging? I'm curious to see how you string them and how they stay "upstanding"!!

Good job, Virginia!

Vikki

3SistersBeads
07-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey Virginia!

Great fishy!

So sorry about the vessel. However, all is not lost! Put some yummy smelling oil in it and hang it in your studio. Nobody will ever notice the burns. Kinda like dousing yourself with perfume when you haven't taken a shower! :D

Seriously, the design is sooooooooo beautiful that it would be a shame to hide it away. Ooooh, how about if you stuck an insence stick in it? Oooh, that would be cool. How long does the inside hole run? I bet it would work.

Brainstorming for you,

Virginia L.
07-23-2004, 11:12 PM
awwwww, people CAN see me - boy, I was getting worried I had slipped away. Thanks for all the comments and condolences for my poor vessel and the compliments on my fishy - the fish are really fun - with the hole in the side and the big fins, they hang on a chain or a cord so that when you look down, that face is looking up at you - They are really fun. - They don't all sit up by themselves but the ones that do are great just sitting there looking at you with the poor little crosseyes (this one is sitting up on his own power, no sticky wax - I get way too much of a kick out of them, being as I made them, but somehow when they are finished I forget I made them and just get so much joy from looking at them - Many have little cracks in their fins, so I get to keep a LOT of them - The ones that stand up by themselves have kind of a three point balance between their front fins and their back fin. Thanks for asking. Am still not packed for my trip, just taking a brake - thanks so much for posting to my thread - God Bless - Virginia L. :D :clap: :D

snootyvixen
07-23-2004, 11:19 PM
I get way too much of a kick out of them, being as I made them, but somehow when they are finished I forget I made them and just get so much joy from looking at them - Many have little cracks in their fins, so I get to keep a LOT of them -

LOL - and I thought I had an exclusive Home for Finless Fish and One Eared Kitties!!! I get a lot of fin breakage on my fish, it's a good job my girls love 'em! (After I've ground them down, of course!)

Vikki