PDA

View Full Version : Landscape pics

Stoy Jones
07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi folks, went on a walkabout here in the local area where I live and took some pics to see if I can take on a landscape. Not a whole lot here yet, but I know many of you are on the lookout for landscapes or are greenery-challenged :evil: If you see anything you like, feel free to do what you like with them :)

I went to a few other places, but we are still recovering from two thunderstorms that messed up the town, so I intend to take more pics and upload a few sometime soon when things are a bit more normal.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18715

Stoy

Khadres
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Some cool pics there, Stoy! Spotted your armadillo, as well! Thanks for the uploads!

Stoy Jones
07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Sooz, thanks! Didn't think they were too much to sneeze at, but one never knows who might be looking for what. I took a bunch at a place called Cloudland Canyon and the place does live up to it's name....however, only one picture turned out and that is of the large rock with my son standing just underneath. Waterfalls and cliffs with viewing areas just washed out :( Oh well...I guess it just gives me a reason to return sometime. :D

Stoy

CarlyHardy
07-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Stoy,
thanks so much for sharing!! Some wonderful landscape images and I'm sure we'll find lots of uses for them :)

I lived very near the Jupiter lighthouse many years ago :)
carly

bogbeast
07-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Stoy! I have spent the past 2 days browsing the library, and already have my eye on one of your swamp cypress pics!

Stoy Jones
07-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Thanks guys!

Carly, a fellow "Jupiterian!" I got down that way a few years back and hardly recognized the place! *sigh* Very congested and busy, but the beaches are still lovely, especially on the islandside.

Stoy

Khadres
07-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Hi Sooz, thanks! Didn't think they were too much to sneeze at, but one never knows who might be looking for what. I took a bunch at a place called Cloudland Canyon and the place does live up to it's name....however, only one picture turned out and that is of the large rock with my son standing just underneath. Waterfalls and cliffs with viewing areas just washed out :( Oh well...I guess it just gives me a reason to return sometime. :D

Stoy

Was your Cloudland Canyon in northern Georgia??? I've been there...was just within a couple miles of where my folks lived at the time, beautiful place and I actually did several oil paintings based on sketches from there. Too bad your pics didn't turn out!

Stoy Jones
07-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Was your Cloudland Canyon in northern Georgia??? I've been there...was just within a couple miles of where my folks lived at the time, beautiful place and I actually did several oil paintings based on sketches from there. Too bad your pics didn't turn out!

Sure was! I would really like to see your work on that....PM me sometime, if you might! I went there to visit my niece who turned 13. Hadn't seen her in ages. It's a halfway point as I have other family living in Acworth.

I have a cousin who hang-glides from the launch down the road from the park. It is beautiful there. I think the light was too harsh at the time of day when I was at the bottom where the falls are and it made everything look faded and I couldn't manipulate some of my pics to come out better. Others came out, but just no justice to the real scene.

Stoy

stonewhiteclown
07-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks Stoy! One with twisted pathway really called my name!

Dark_Shades
07-23-2004, 08:09 PM
hey Stoy..... great pics..... thanks for sharing...... Im sure to use one, next time I feel like I need to do myself some harm, and go into a green mode again :evil: :D lol

Stoy Jones
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey Alex, you and me both! I like the railing...it seems there's no real reason why they were put there, but they are and it makes a nice addition to the whole scene.

Dawn, lololol...if you need them manipulated to any other color than "green" just let me know :D

Stoy

Mikki Petersen
07-24-2004, 06:07 PM
That big rock? Zion? I have a photo almost identical to yours with me standing under that rock.

Great photos! Love the arboretum pix. Thanks for sharing them.

Stoy Jones
07-25-2004, 12:56 PM
That big rock? Zion? I have a photo almost identical to yours with me standing under that rock.

This one was taken at Cloudland Canyon in north Georgia. There's a stone bench underneath that rock for hikers coming and going to the falls at the bottom...nice place to take a breather, but it looks like it could fall....yikes! Could this be the same place?

Stoy

Khadres
07-26-2004, 02:05 AM
How cool! My folks lived in the little town nearby called Trenton. I used to have some photos somewhere taken from up top, but Mom and I actually hiked down into the falls one time....thought we'd never have enough energy to climb back up tho! lol Really nice and cool down there, but I also saw one of the NASTIEST red and black centipedes (about five inches long) I've ever seen down there! The canyon itself is really lovely around dusk when all the shadows are blues and violets on the canyon walls. I THINK my folks had one of the paintings I did from there, but the big mystery is whatever happened to all their paintings when we moved 'em back here....haven't found 'em YET...but that doesn't mean they're not still in the humongous pile of stuff in the garage still. The rest got sold years ago.

That's really pretty country down there...I have a friend who lives up top in one of those fancy gated communities with her own little lake and dock and all that...I could live with something like that someday...