PDA

View Full Version : kitten nap

RuthT
10-07-2001, 12:16 PM
I think we need some more posts in this forum, so although there is very little ink work on it, I decided to post this here.

A quick piece I did for the October project.

Payne's grey wc with touches of ink. 2"x 3" on a Strathmore postcard size pad.

artdude
10-08-2001, 10:30 AM
Hi Ruth. Cute kitten :) You should try doing something like this all with inks. You mentioned you used WC but you can get the same results with ink washes. Mess around with them and see what happens :D

Yup...the forum is slow going right now. Hope to do more ink work soon. Thanks for posting ;)

NorahT
10-12-2001, 02:08 PM
Hi Ruth - your little kitten looks so peaceful and innocent - but I bet he is the one that had been giving you all that trouble with your mouse :D

RuthT
10-12-2001, 05:00 PM
Thank you Norah - he likes your new tiny head and so do I :)

auntie_chaos
10-22-2001, 07:36 AM
Ruth ... What a sweet little kitten!! He does look so peaceful and innocent. (of course don't they all when they're sleeping?!) :evil:

BTW ... where do I find the projects ... do I have to log in with a different name to get in? Think when I tried before it wouldn't accept my reg. login and just never tried again. Not sure I'm ready to post my own project anyways. :) but would be fun to check out what others are doing.

RuthT
10-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Hi Cheryl.

Thanks for looking and commenting :)

The projects are in the 'Community' drop down, under Art Projects. The log in appears at the top left of the page (I missed this the first couple of times I tried to get in :o )

It took my regular sign in name.

Hope you make it :D It is good to see what others have done. Would be nice to see some of your work in there.

auntie_chaos
10-22-2001, 08:10 AM
Thanks Norah ... I'll try that this a.m. Not sure when I'll good enough to post there though. :)

mim
10-24-2001, 02:41 AM
Ruth hi

Your kitten is so adorable. I feel like cuddlin' him. Or is it her?

mim:clap:

RuthT
10-24-2001, 08:48 AM
Thank you mim :)

I was thinking 'him' when I painted it, but he is just from my imagination :)

I am trying landscapes at the moment, but find them much harder than animals.

mim
10-24-2001, 01:36 PM
When you say landscapes your really saying: sky, clouds, trees, rocks etc. Not to mention :time of day, atmospheric perspective.
What I'm trying to say is that that one word landscape is a very busy word indeed.

Good luck