PDA

View Full Version : WIP -- witness my haphazard process!

futurebird
07-20-2004, 02:06 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-20-2004/11505_fence1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: WIP -- witness my haphazard process!
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is what I'm working on now. I'm doing it "on location" -- that is out on the sidewalk.

I always liked threads where people post their work step by step.

I don't think you can learn much from me since I don't really know what I'm doing-- but I thout it might be fun.

This is what I did in three hours -- before the sun went down.... we'll see what I get done in the AM!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Ways to imporve my process.

Gilberte
07-20-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the WIP. A gate ?
Just for the sake of critiqueing ... I always have my doubts about using "browns" in watercolor ...

Mikey
07-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Another fence with barbed wire, and more interest. I want to see more. I wonder if these paintings have a particular meaning for you. Most of what you do does seem to.

Mikey

Michael-Ann
07-20-2004, 10:29 AM
I already love the brick-work you did... I feel this is going to be a good one, and anticipate seeing the followup. The repeating lines of the rod iron fence are gonna be cool.

haaf
07-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Futurebird, just curious, did you painted the space of the "barbed wire to be" over first with this kind of glue? Which you can peel of later on?
Caroline ;)

futurebird
07-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Another fence with barbed wire, and more interest. I want to see more. I wonder if these paintings have a particular meaning for you. Most of what you do does seem to.

Mikey

Well, I think a lot about urban spaces-- I love the layers the history-- this is the building where I live BTW.

Okay here is what I did next...

1. painted more background stuff. Yes, Haaf I'm a frisket addict. If it woked on skin I'd make sun-tan tatoos....

2. Next I took off the frisket and started woking on the gate.

3. The gate was looking OK so I moved on the "writing on the wall"

4. made the highlights a bit brighter with some white paint and signed it.

Michael-Ann
07-20-2004, 09:42 PM
IMHO This is excellent! Very cool to see this posted FB.

Gilberte
07-21-2004, 03:13 AM
This turned out very very good !

mfoxmelanson
07-21-2004, 10:39 AM
I love this! -and seeing how you did it. Beautiful detail! I can only crit one thing- that purple is pulling my eye a bit. I think it might sit back better if it was greyed down or lightened some-maybe?

M.

futurebird
07-22-2004, 03:57 AM
I love this! -and seeing how you did it. Beautiful detail! I can only crit one thing- that purple is pulling my eye a bit. I think it might sit back better if it was greyed down or lightened some-maybe?

M.

maybe... but I'll have to think on this one... I love that little graffito