PDA

View Full Version : Having Aboriginal Dreams!

J Harris
07-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Just finished my 2nd set of these "Aboriginal Dream" beads. First set is my own and the photo of the necklace I made with them is in "1000 Glass Beads" (which shocked and flattered me to no end and still does!). These I'm going to have to part with (I'm saving up for a new high res. camera). Sounds like most people like the Nikon Coolpix 5400, which I think I'm going to get unless anyone can convince me otherwise. Anyway, just wanted to share these wild beads with all of you sweet and talented people. Going to hit the sack now (yawn...stretch)...sweet dreams everyone!

Jan

Trishki
07-20-2004, 02:23 AM
THUD....

....ok..now that I have scraped myself off the floor....

Jan, that is absolutely STUNNING! Wow...I am speachless!

Beth Myers
07-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Beautiful!

ChristyL
07-20-2004, 02:50 AM
My goodness these are beautiful!!!! I am always impressed with your control of those tiny lines and dots, but this one is just...WOW!
Hugs*
ChristyL

Donni
07-20-2004, 05:49 AM
THUD! here too ;) Retro yet tribal....

It's funny our nationalities have different conceptions on what is what.... I was expecting Australian Aboriginal beads - I know "aboriginal" is another word for indigenous - but commonly used here it would refer to predominantly red, yellow and black colours. And you cannot use the word "aboriginal" by itself, it is insulting to Kooris and Murris it has to be used as an adjective not a noun. I learnt a lot about politically correct speech when I was writing "Oracle of the Dreamtime."

Anyway Jan, your beads are AWESOME to the MAX!!!!!!

drool dool drool

LadyArowana
07-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Jan, that is a really beautiful set, but I think the metric measurements might be a bit confused, a 29 cm bicone would be about 11 1/2 inches, now I love big beadies but that might be too much even for me ! Fiona

Vickie
07-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Jan!! WOW!!!
Vickie

Norma623
07-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I've developed a bad case of "beadmaker's block" yesterday - couldn't come up with any interesting color combinations for the life of me.....your work has inspired me!!! Terrific use of color, shape and surface design - grabs the eye and holds it! :clap: :clap:

dawnann
07-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Just Beautiful!!!!

GinnyHampton
07-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Jan, those are just . . . wow. I love the two masks, those are my favorites!!!

quill
07-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Astounding and amazing!

greatfindsct
07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Jan, you never cease to amaze me! I'm in complete and utter awe of your work. Simply amazing!!! :clap:

J Harris
07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Well thank you guys!! I appreciate it!!!

Fiona - whoops, thanks for pointing out my error. Not sure how to make a change to my auction at this point. I hope people can figure out on their own that this was a typo.

Donni - thanks for the interesting info...I never learned anything about politically correct speaking myself ;)

Jan

Crazy Woman
07-20-2004, 12:45 PM
My keyboard just overflowed from drool..... :)

Jan, those are amazing! If you adopt me, will I inherit your stringer control ?????? :D

giometriks
07-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Oh WOW!!! Your work is awesome.....all of it....but Aboriginal Dreams is just the cat's meow!!! I hope it sells for gazillions so you can get your new camera. If I weren't saving for Disneyland....I'd bid in a heartbeat!!!

Suzi

Shawn T.
07-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Jan,
Amazing work. That just does not describe it, but I don't have the words. Imagine me speechless....hard to imagine. :D
Do look at the Minolta Dimage Z1 when you go camera hunting, as I am sure these will bring in more then enough for the new camera and all the goodies to go with it.
Shawn

!ngridh
07-20-2004, 03:14 PM
No matter what you call them...the name will never be able to convey their complexity...they are captivating!

debkauz
07-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Jan, your work is amazing as always. I am always in awe of your beads!

Debbie

Lori Peterson
07-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Jan, I don't know of any other word except AWE. :clap: :clap: :clap:

snootyvixen
07-20-2004, 07:44 PM
My thoughts are along exactly the same lines as Lori's - I'm just gobsmacked! Can't find the words to explain just how spectacular those beads are!

(gosh, I had to go to dictionary.com to make sure I had the right word there with gobsmacked - I mean it in a good way LOL)

Vikki

bjcohan
07-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Jan, they are stunning. I especially love the masks.

You never cease to amaze me.

Extraordinary work. Brava!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barb:cat:

J Harris
07-20-2004, 09:01 PM
I just can't tell you all how much your sweet comments mean to me! It seriously touches my heart. Every single one of you is so talented and I enjoy and appreciate your beautiful works of art here on WC.

I just got some of the new tri colored lauscha rods in the mail today, going to go hit the torch and see what those babies can do! Thanks again!

Jan

Booger
07-20-2004, 09:28 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!
Holy Smokes! THOSE ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!
(I am however very disappointed to learn that bicone is not one foot long.......)

One Hundred Percent EYE POPPING!

Eyes Rolling All Over The Floor,
Sheryll

Juls
07-21-2004, 02:59 AM
:p ....................................................................

drooling all over my keyboard!

Jan, STUNNING wonderful details...those masks are incredible!

hugs~

Kalera
07-21-2004, 03:24 AM
Holy smiggertyjiggetts! Those are fan-freaking-tastic! Wow. I can hardly spell, I am so floored. Your stringer control is what my stringer control wants to be when it grows up, except that your stringer control is an NBA player and my stringer control comes from a family of dwarves.

kasijo
07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
WOW Jan!
Can't really come up with anything that has not already been said, but these truly are unique and inspirational! :clap:

Kas

Toxey's Treasures
07-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Jan, wowza!! I have never seen anything so beautiful!! I would think whoever is the lucky buyer of those should pay enough to buy whatever camera you want plus some.

The stringer control and creativity is so unreal. I hope that once I get my best I am only half as good as you are. I am really totally stunned!

......Mitchelle dragging feet, dreading having to coax a bit of gas from those darned cannisters......wondering if I will ever get there......YES!!!!! Others have and so will I. You are all so inspirational :D .

J Harris
07-21-2004, 11:08 PM
You guys are cracking me up here! Sheryll...I can't quite get the image of "eyes rolling all over the floor" out of my head! :D :D :D And I'm anxiously awaiting an opportunity to try out the two new additions to my vocabulary..."smiggertyjiggetts" and "gobsmacked"! ;) I learn alot more than just lampworking tips here at WC!! You are all TOO kind!

Jan

firemonkey
07-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Incredibly cool! :cool:

Virginia L.
07-21-2004, 11:37 PM
QUITE wonderful - I am trying to make some beads outside of the box, but I canot get the lid off :( Thanks for showing them - I hope you get a ton of money for your camera with them - Virginia

mistymade
07-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Wow Jan!!! Those beads are awesome! I'm always amazed with your stringer control and I love your color combinations! Gorgeous! Stunning! LOVE them! :clap: :clap: :clap:

beaderpaine
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Absolutely incredible work! I can swear I hear drums beating in the distance! Wonderful colorful and detailed Just stunning!

snootyvixen
07-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I just noticed that they close on my birthday! (No, gift wrapping is not essential! LOL!)

I also went and read the description. I look at the beads and think "Jeez, the stringer control is fantastic!", then I look at the measurements and hold up my ruler and I just have to shake my head. These are not big beads - that makes the stringer control thing even MORE incredible!

Hope they keep climbing for you Jan! I see a nice new camera in your future!

Vikki