PDA

View Full Version : Times-Star Building #2 (WIP)

wolvenp
07-19-2004, 09:32 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-19-2004/30122_times-star_day_008.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-19-2004/30122_times-star_day_010.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Times-Star Building #2 (WIP)
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 40x25
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Larger version of one that I just finished and posted(shown here). New one is not as wide. The orig was 12x9, so, to be of same proport., it would be enlarged to 40x30, but I cut it to 40x25. Now, I'm not sure if the orig design was better! What is your opinion?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I dont know if you can picture it. I may just have to finish it to see!

Michael-Ann
07-20-2004, 12:17 AM
This truly is superb in my opinion...it expresses so much about a place, the setting, the time of day, the people...and all in seemingly simplifed strokes.

futurebird
07-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Now, I'm not sure if the orig design was better! What is your opinion?

I like the new one-- It has more depth and the colors are limited (in a good way) --that gives it feeling.

flawless_bone
07-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Great improvement with the second, IMO. The second is really going further than a foto and has interpretation in it. I like the darkness and shapes of the trees. People were just distracting. Oh, closer look: these are not trunks, itīs people. But they and the (nice) red building in the first version donīt steal the show now from the main building. Daring cut in the treeshape on the right side reflecting the sunny triangle on the top right side! I like the picture!

haaf
07-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Paul, I assume in the new one there is still room for the dappled leaf texture on the left? I think they both work well composition wise, I expect I will prefer the second one. Good size.
Caroline ;)

wolvenp
07-21-2004, 01:21 AM
Thankks all. This is helpful. Perhaps the more narrow cut is more dramatic. Haaf, yes, that is important to include in the trees.