GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Frankly My Dear
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 18 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi this is my first time posting. The Latin writing on the piece reads "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". Appreciate any comments you care to make. Thanks!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is this type of thing considered art? Please comment on composition and brushwork.

Gilberte
07-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Very charming and amusing watercolor. It's rather difficult to comment on the brushwork since it's more kind of a colored drawing, which by the way is very effective, and does not show the usual aquarelle wettish work. Don't worry about the composition, looks very much OK to me.
Does the title refer to her weight also ?
Whether it can be considered as art ? It has become a matter of being in the right place at the right moment or should I say meeting the right people on the occasion ...
Enjoy your art and continue to share it with us.
Welcome !

jerryW
07-18-2004, 06:19 PM
I get a strong feeling from it and I like it.
you are playing with color and shape very effectively
lots of humour

Matt Sammekull
07-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi!

Well, mixed emotions going on here, like "when your worst enemy drives off a cliff in your brand new Maserati" (another movie quote, not from "Gone with the wind though").
I really like your original way of creating, the figure looks so much full of life... BUT I personally have a hard time with the written word in a painting... it is such a powerful thing and will steal the viewers interest from other aspect of the painting.

Cheers,

//Matt

Matt Sammekull
07-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Ops... sorry.

giniaad
07-18-2004, 07:46 PM
agree with all that has been said
having said that
I just wish to encourage you to keep going
good lines...
good colors...
good humor...
good imagination...
good exagerations...

Colourfulone2
07-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks to all of you who took the time to post on my thread. Certainly encouraging! I am really enjoying this site. Yes Gilberte - the title does refer to her weight as well as the armpit hair, and her most unladylike pose! My website address is http://www3.sympatico.ca/dolores.pretty