PDA

View Full Version : Silly Bead Contest at the Gathering

Emily NZ
07-18-2004, 05:01 AM
I just got around to making my entry today.
The theme for the silly bead contest this year is Banana Slugs....................
So here is mine (made with boro and about 72mm long (2.5")
I am not sure if we are meant to show them off beforehand, but I was so pleased with mine I just have to share!
Emily
PS Is it just me or does it look a bit rude to you?

Emily NZ
07-18-2004, 07:54 AM
This little fella is lonely and would love it if you shared your pics of your entries in the silly bead contest!
:(
Emily

dogmaw
07-18-2004, 10:20 AM
He is adoreable! I can't make it to the Gathering, so having you post silly pictures is great!

Jo

MegannsMom
07-18-2004, 11:11 AM
I just got around to making my entry today.
The theme for the silly bead contest this year is Banana Slugs....................
So here is mine (made with boro and about 72mm long (2.5")
I am not sure if we are meant to show them off beforehand, but I was so pleased with mine I just have to share!
Emily

:evil: We must have the same sick mind...I DO see what you are seeing!hehehehehe!
I won't be going to the gathering, so no pics...your banana slug is very cute!I really love the look of the Boro glass...I look forward to the day I can begin using it myself!
~Cindy

Emily NZ
07-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks Jo and Cindy!

I can't be the only one here to enter the silly bead contest ? Surely?????
We want to see more!

Emily

fay
07-18-2004, 06:44 PM

Yeeeees, with eyes! lol. :p

Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry-nothing to show from me. I do not participate in the silly bead contest (too 'center of attention' for me-I like hugging the wall :rolleyes: )...probably will be watching though... :D

Jennifer Geldard
07-18-2004, 07:18 PM
The Boston Chapter is working on a special group entry...
but I'm not telling.. it will ruin the suprise!! :p

koregon
07-18-2004, 07:21 PM
nope nothing from me...I think being a first time goer/of the Gathering...I have to go and see and experience to understand a challenge as thus...especially since those darn REAL banana slugs live here...and they are so discusting...I couldn't imagine making one silly......maybe squished...but not silly :D

Schermo
07-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Not to worry, Emily, there will be plenty of others. I will have an entry, however, it is in multiple pieces at the moment, and won't be put together until the last minute. (I know myself very well.... I won't even try to get it done this soon! I'd probably self-destruct or something, if I actually did something in advance.)

I know *sharon* is already gloating over her entry.... she always does. Unfortunately, it's usually worth gloating over, too. I hate that.... :p

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Leave the vegemite at home this time, and maybe I'll give you a hug!

Schermo

Emily NZ
07-18-2004, 11:21 PM
OK Schermo,
I was maybe a bit premature with showing my entry. Just had to get it made before we leave tomorrow!
I haven't got around to getting the vegemite yet and I may have left it too late this time, so I look forward to that hug! :D
Got to remember the chocolate though!
Emily
(PS I have never seen a real banana slug....I hope someone brings one for DH Alec and I to see!) :p

Schermo
07-19-2004, 12:40 AM
OK Schermo...
I haven't got around to getting the vegemite yet and I may have left it too late this time...

YES !!
THERE IS A GOD !!

(PS I have never seen a real banana slug....I hope someone brings one for DH Alec and I to see!) :p

Check between the sheets before you crawl in..... Mwa ha ha ha !! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Evil evil Schermo

snootyvixen
07-19-2004, 02:07 AM
nope nothing from me...I think being a first time goer/of the Gathering...I have to go and see and experience to understand a challenge as thus...

I'm with Kaye, and I don't think I could buy enough chocolate ..... errrr .. bribery points to enter!!!

Vikki