PDA

View Full Version : Structured Critiques~~~~

Beth Myers
07-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Critique Requests

Please feel free to begin a new thread, titled Structured Critique and the date, if you would like a critique.
Remember you may always pm if you need any help or have a questions.

Guidelines:
By posting in this thread, you are asking for a serious, structured critique of your work. By posting your work, you are agreeing to receive both positive and negative advice on your work. Some you may agree with, some you may not. No complaining or falling apart if you don’t hear what you would like to hear.
Guidelines For Critiquers:
All critiques should include some form of instructional feedback. What was done well and why, what needs improvement and why, how to make those improvements. All post should be well thought out, and in keeping with our helpful attitude. NO trashing of another’s work.
And NO KUDOS! Such as “great job, beautiful, “that’s so nice”.
Kudos post will be removed.

For Poster of Glass Art Works to be critiqued:
Only one glass art photo per day (until we work out some of the kinks)
No links, just the photo.
Please include a description of your work, size, techinique, etc.
Keep to the facts, (we aren't here to showcase new Ebay listings, or to promote sales )

For the sake of easier reading and to get the best responses we can, let's try this.........

Let's keep all comments on target, no chit chat
And patience, these things take time for others to read and mull over.

If you want to post your work anonymously pm or email a photo to me.

manda j
07-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the clear guidelines, Beth. I just tried one and see that it seems to be suddenly a more popular thing to do. I think we can all help each other in this way.

Beth Myers
07-18-2004, 12:24 AM
I see, you started a new thread here......
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203316

Good for you!
That takes alot of guts!
Thanks Amanda,
Beth

Moth
07-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Hello!!

Thank you Beth for organizing a way for us to get meaty feedback! :clap: :clap:

Here is a link to the thread I started asking for advice and opinions.
link (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203329)

~~Mary

Beth Myers
07-18-2004, 02:55 AM
Okay you guys..................PLEASE CHECK OUT THE ABOVE LINKS AND GIVE US THE INSIDE SKINNY.And THANK YOU!
B~

Mike E etc
07-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey Beth,
I was all excited and ready to have someone trash er I mean structure my critique, Then the thrill subsided when I read the following; "Only one bead photo per day". I beleive it was the word 'bead' that tore through my heart and soul and left me devastated that my mibs were left out of the ring.

Mike, :crying: ,E

dogmaw
07-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey Beth,
I was all excited and ready to have someone trash er I mean structure my critique, Then the thrill subsided when I read the following; "Only one bead photo per day". I beleive it was the word 'bead' that tore through my heart and soul and left me devastated that my mibs were left out of the ring.

Mike,

I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to include mib and fuse people like us. I know I will be putting fused pieces up for critique, even tho they aren't beads. But then again, I have been known as a rule breaker!
:evil:

Jo

Beth Myers
07-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Beth,

Morning Mike,
Please forgive me!
The critiques are, of course, for everyone, all forms of hot and warm glass, heck any type of glass.
I wrote that with a specific situation in mind that day, and it involved beads, soooooo, that's what I wrote.
Please join in when you feel the need, I would love to see more marbles, and all other glass forms running riot around this place.
I'm sorry for the confusion, hope it's clearer now.
Now, dry those tears, and post us a marble or two,
Beth