PDA

View Full Version : Saturday July 17, 2004 Show us what you've got!

Listenup
07-17-2004, 01:46 AM
My turn to start again? :D

Here's another organic from me. Moretti Ivory, silver leaf, intense black, and an old twistie I had laying around that I really didn't care much for so I never used - I think I made the twistie about 2 years ago. I'm sure liking it now. I just took it out of the vermiculite and it's headed for the kiln tomorrow morning.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2004/35044-organic-twistie.jpg

Can't wait to see what everyone has to show off today. Watching the Show and Tell thread is always a pleasant part of my day!

-Kay

amy fgb
07-17-2004, 02:21 AM
Kay,

That is a very cool organic, and I love the twistie inside.

It's still Friday here, so I hope this isn't cheating. :) I just hopped onto WC and saw the thread and thought, "what the heck"? I don't get to visit here as often as I'd like or as much as I used to, so I thought I better jump at the chance! I miss being here!!!

Anyway, here's a new Braille Beads set I just listed this evening. I like the new shape - much better for reading (and seeing) the Braille.

Take care all, and let's see some more!

Amy

Lyddie
07-17-2004, 02:41 AM
Kay - I love the organic look of those beads!

Amy - What an inspiration! Braille beads! I work with children with all sorts of disabilities and those braille beads are wonderful!

Thanks for sharing,
Lydia

JCA
07-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Kay- Very cool looks like a solar rainbow
Amy- Those are awesome.

I got excited about one. Silver dicro encased in red transparent. Looks very hot in the sunlight flames almost look like they move!

pearsonglass
07-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Cool work guys,
Here is an interesting one from my glyph series. And a new disk shaped pattern. I have been busy working on some new styles that I will be posting soon. This is just a drive by today, I am on my way to teach at a local art center. One of my students today is a glass professor of mine from college. The tables have turned. I don't know if I should be flattered or nervous. If it goes well she is going to write my recomendation for teaching at Penland. She just got back from teaching there, and they like the letters to come from former teachers.

Brad Pearson

Brindelle
07-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Great beads Everyone. :clap: I especially like the Braille beads, Amy! What a great idea. I'm stringer challenged and might actually be able to make a "word" with dots. Plus, being able to touch the words makes it even more significant. Thanks for sharing! I just love the idea!

ldiamont
07-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Wonderful idea in the braille beads!!
The fire bead...*gasp*...*drool*!
How do you do that? - those glyph beads are awesome!
Organics are so cool! I need to practice more on those.

These are special orders I have been working on...plus one unsuspected surprise!

Dark red and trans striking red
All different greens (not sure if I like this set...may have to remake)
Aqua, cobalt, sky blue
Bullseye pinks (all of them)

The unsuspected surprise happened when I started winding for a hollow. Look what I found in the glass!!!!

Dream Fire
07-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone. I am finally figuring out how to use the scanner. I haven't perfected it yet. And I have a feeling it's not top of the line so my scans may never get better. But I want to play with y'all so here are some of my organics.Sam

manda j
07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi all-
Love those braille beads and that flaming one! Brad, yours are always wonderful!

Here are some of mine to critique. I wanted to start to put some the the 'bay, but not sure about starting prices or if these are good enough. I am having to use a scanner ofr pix so they are not great. Let me know what you think!

lepoppet
07-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Very Cool S&T today. I got bored with Bicones and Barrels so I worked on a new idea.

These are my Hyacinth Beads.

Maria

Listenup
07-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Great beads today everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I especially like the new flame bead Mr. Booger. I have a whole collection of your flame bead pix on my computer because my son loves them too and this one's just been added. Also, I love that name for my latest bead "Cosmic Rainbow". Mind if I use it?

I am finally figuring out how to use the scanner. I haven't perfected it yet. And I have a feeling it's not top of the line so my scans may never get better. But I want to play with y'all so here are some of my organics.

Hi Sam. Nice orgainics. Here's a tip for you. After you lay your beads down on the scanner, try laying a piece of white or colored paper on top of them to change the background color. I've even been known to lay down a swatch of fabric to give it a textured background. I took the liberty of playing around with your scan in my photo editing program. I sharpened it, increased the saturation, and lightened it just a tad. See what you think:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2004/35044-group_org.JPG

koregon
07-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Some more squeezed beads...Moretti...stringer...thats pretty much it...simple and so darn comfy to wear...I think I have to make enough to make a necklace...I think the feel of these on the wrist is amazing...I can't imagine what it will be like around the neck...sooooooooo now to figure out what color my wardrobe and coloring would wear most.
these are dubbed "Seafoam"...also I'm showin a couple of Dan's encased sets....the one goes really well with the seafoam...amazing how we work in the same colors some days and don't even know it until the kiln is emptied.

Toxey's Treasures
07-17-2004, 01:37 PM
You guys blow my mind with your beads!! What an inspiration! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The braille beads are wonderful. I would never have thought of that.

Here are some of my latest. Dichro, silver encased, my first flower, and practice with making smaller beads (mine are usually HUGE) and frit.

I decided after making the first two silver that I didn't have enough gas to melt the clear so I went with a bumpy or textured look on some of them. The cobalt bead with silver is the first one I did that didn't turn the siver to straw.

The black and red are for the black and red exchange. Not great on sizes and shapes being the same, but I am just trying to tackle the striger not being totally crazy.

Toxey's Treasures
07-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Here is the first side to the flower bead. UGH!! Not as good. I did it first and then the better side was last.

theonlyduda
07-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Wow, such great colors today!! All very beautiful. Today I have more beads made with System96 (Uroboros) and some gaffer cane..... Finally figured out a bead shape that I felt best showed some of the subtle gaffer colors without losing them in the heat. I love the yummy tangerine...... :) Happy meltin' everyone!!

greatfindsct
07-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Gorgeous beads everyone! Here are some more focals I've been working on.
Copper, silver leaf, reduc frits :)

Cat66
07-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Here's mine.. Desert Rose

...well, forget it - I clicked insert image and it inserted a webpage link instead... no time to figure it out now, I'll figure it out tomorrow.

But here's a link to the auction page:

Ebay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4912609278&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT)

Kimberly Affleck
07-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Kaye,
I just love Dan's encased beads. Always have! I haven't experimented much with my bead squeeze yet. Your beads make me realize I'd better get to work!!!
Kimberly

Some more squeezed beads...Moretti...stringer...thats pretty much it...simple and so darn comfy to wear...I think I have to make enough to make a necklace...I think the feel of these on the wrist is amazing...I can't imagine what it will be like around the neck...sooooooooo now to figure out what color my wardrobe and coloring would wear most.
these are dubbed "Seafoam"...also I'm showin a couple of Dan's encased sets....the one goes really well with the seafoam...amazing how we work in the same colors some days and don't even know it until the kiln is emptied.

Renee_T
07-17-2004, 07:01 PM
hee... I like the phrase "drive by" - I checked out the beads y'all have posted, and they are amazing. I've got to get back to work, but here's from this morning's kiln - Uroboros-96 rods and furnace frit, plus some silver. (note - I'm NOT showing the learning curve beads! - blech!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2004/11040-u-seascape-3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2004/11040-u-seascape-4.jpg

Kimberly Affleck
07-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Renee,
It almost has a boro look to it! I like it!
Kimberly

midniteburner
07-17-2004, 07:13 PM
YUMMY beads today!!!!!!

Kay (Listenup): That bead is going straight to my heart!!!! Today's fav!!!

ReneeT: That bead is so different from the other styles you've done before... Could this be the start of a new love??? Hope so...it reflects your personality.

Sara

bolimasa
07-17-2004, 09:32 PM
I haven't posted to the show and tell in ages. The problem with not selling... you never get around to taking pictures (or actually cleaning the beadies!) I got my minor set up a couple of weeks ago. I swore when I set it up I'd actually force myself to work on sets. So here are a few:

sarakay
07-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I went a little overboard with the frit on the base bead, but another spring sumi-e bead.
sara

it would help if I uploaded the picture, wouldn't it?

bolimasa
07-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Here a few of my recent experiments.
a twistie, reduction frit and silver, reduction frit and copper leaf:
(Isure wish my pictures were better!)

giometriks
07-17-2004, 11:22 PM
I am always way late for this!!! Someday I'll just stay up late and post for tomorrow...teehee...

Everyone's work is really cool. I like all of the creativity going on. Way to go Wet Canvas!!!

Here's mine....White base....black stringer thickly encased with either lapis or cobalt transparent.

Opal yellow, coral or Silver Leaf encased EDP on either a coral or transparent purple base.

Can't wait to see tomorrows!!! Happy Saturday night!

Suzi

Dream Fire
07-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Great beads today everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I especially like the new flame bead Mr. Booger. I have a whole collection of your flame bead pix on my computer because my son loves them too and this one's just been added. Also, I love that name for my latest bead "Cosmic Rainbow". Mind if I use it?

Hi Sam. Nice orgainics. Here's a tip for you. After you lay your beads down on the scanner, try laying a piece of white or colored paper on top of them to change the background color. I've even been known to lay down a swatch of fabric to give it a textured background. I took the liberty of playing around with your scan in my photo editing program. I sharpened it, increased the saturation, and lightened it just a tad. See what you think:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2004/35044-group_org.JPG

Wow Thank you. I have tried different backgrounds. For some reason it's always black when it finishes up. I have a lot to learn in this area( and others). I will work on these things! Thank you :clap: Thank you :clap: Thank you for making my scan so beautiful. Sam

Jo-Del
08-07-2004, 03:53 AM
wow, beautiful beads!!!!! I have been testing 2 colors every other day in system 96 (uroboros), For these I used 5333 Deep Aqua and 2702 opal orange, also clear, white and silver and Gold.
If you check my forums

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187243

you will see lots of the colors worked just 2 at a time iNFO ON THE GLASS, i LOVE WORKING WITH THIS NEW GLASS, AND THESE ARE JUST EXPERIMENTS FOR COLOR TO HELP INTRODUCE THIS GLASS.
mONIQUE

gREAT WAY TO GET A PEEK AT THE NEW GLASS AND NEW COLORS. :D