PDA

View Full Version : new paperweights

andrew brown
07-16-2004, 03:00 PM
hello everyone........ i just thought i'd show some pics of my new paperweights... they range in size from 3-6"
.. the round one has a flat window on the front and is left textured.. the shaped ones have a rounded facet letting more light in.. all are made with simax rod, glass alchemy frits and powders, gilson opals, and gold and silver fume, and ground and polished on an ameritool flatlap. cc is appreciated..
im in kc this weekend at wildfires studio.. if anyone is in the area im doing a demo on saturday..should be fun.. i hope to make a small weight and some faceted beads, and one of the new geodes im makin'....
thanks for lookin...
andrew brown

Brindelle
07-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Absolutely breathtaking!!!! The second one is my favorite. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the little girl entered the third dimension. I believe you could get there through your glass!

chrisdd
07-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Andrew, those are absolutely stunning! Do you have more posted somewhere online? If so, PLEASE give us a link!

GinnyHampton
07-16-2004, 03:30 PM
OMG those are fabulous. I love the 2nd one :)

fay
07-16-2004, 03:55 PM
SPECTACULAR!! Love them all Andrew!! Have fun in KC!!! :D

lmiriamc
07-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I think those are the most beautiful paperweights I've ever seen!!! I LOVE them all!

boheme'
07-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Andrew - WOW! I'm definately coming by to see some of these in person. They're fantastic.

Deb Cline

JHDesigns
07-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Isn't his new stuff awesome!
Andrew's website is http://www.kbglassworks.com/
Jami

wildfirelauri
07-16-2004, 05:40 PM
New "Andrew" paperweights and beads on my kitchen table. Heh...heh. The cat loves em. We're having too much fun.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2004/10074-flamethrower.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2004/10074-kbrocky.jpg

MegannsMom
07-16-2004, 05:41 PM
hello everyone........ i just thought i'd show some pics of my new paperweights... they range in size from 3-6"
.. the round one has a flat window on the front and is left textured.. the shaped ones have a rounded facet letting more light in.. all are made with simax rod, glass alchemy frits and powders, gilson opals, and gold and silver fume, and ground and polished on an ameritool flatlap. cc is appreciated..
im in kc this weekend at wildfires studio.. if anyone is in the area im doing a demo on saturday..should be fun.. i hope to make a small weight and some faceted beads, and one of the new geodes im makin'....
thanks for lookin...
andrew brown

Andrew, I do believe that I am actually IN PAIN, I want one of those so much! As an avid paperweight collector, I feel it is my DUTY to include one(at least!) to my collection some day! I literally cannot find the words to express the admiration I feel at this moment! Gushing, I know; I can't help it! I'm glad someone replied with a link to your site! Please don't keep us in the dark like that anymore!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
~Cindy

JHDesigns
07-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Okay, that's it. Gonna add an Andrew piece to my collection! On my way over with puppie to play with poodle rats and Rocky the paperweight guardian.
:D
Jami

farkel
07-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I love the paperweights Andrew. When this site had the B&B raffle I was fortunate enough to win a kb pendant!! It rocks and I love it!!
Have fun

margaretz
07-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Andrew- Those are fantastic, as always. Just extraordinary- the contrast of the organic with the geometric line patterns. I love them- the second pic (round paperweight) is my favorite.

The Other Hussy
07-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Ooooohhhhh, Andrew!!! The one on the far right is soooooo daaaang cooooolll. I've actually attempted a small paperweight.........i have sooooo much practice ahead of me! They are all so undescribeable......i would love to gaze into one for hours!!!

Paula

CorvetteJuliet
07-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Oh my, those are just stunning! Thanks for sharing. :) Fabulous! ~Juliet

Ignuss-Fatuus
07-16-2004, 11:03 PM
*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*
LIck LIck LIck
jaw drops
lands in drooooollllllll

Jo-Del
07-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Really Awesome!!! drooling isn't the word, what wonderful work, in aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ultimately incredible work!!!! Where is your web site????????? Or where do you show these and sell these. ??? Inquiring minds would love to know!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Mike E etc
07-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey Andrew,
the work is awsome.

Mike E

GardenGirl1002
07-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for looking?? Thank you for showing! The geode paperweights are just breathtaking!! I think I've spent 15 minutes sitting here just staring at them. I'm continually amazed by what I see here on WC and the amazing things people create with glass!
Kristen

beaderpaine
07-19-2004, 06:23 PM
OK, Andrew,

I haven't added anything new to my paperweight collection in a few years (since I started lampworking!), but I seriously NEED to have one of those! I don't see these on your website. Will you be listing these on ebay or elsewhere?

And you make big paperweight! That's what I like! I can't even see a 2" or 3" inch thing on my desk!!!

beaderpaine
07-19-2004, 06:32 PM
OK, Andrew,

I haven't added anything new to my paperweight collection in a few years (since I started lampworking!), but I seriously NEED to have one of those! I don't see these on your website. Will you be listing these on ebay or elsewhere?

And you make big paperweight! That's what I like! I can't even see a 2" or 3" inch thing on my desk!!!

laughing glass beads
07-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Got a bead for my collection. He is amazing. CC

beaderpaine
07-19-2004, 06:34 PM
BTW, the 3rd or 4th one would be just right in my collection!

Virginia L.
07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Those are just thrilling to look at - thanks for posting them - Virginia

Beth Myers
07-19-2004, 11:30 PM
GET OUT OF TOWN!
I'm laying here in a dead faint.
Andrew, I swear these brought tears to my eyes!
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
More please!
Beth

Beth Myers
07-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Lauri,
In the name of good sportsmanship, you and the sweet baby meow could share some of those beauties with those of us less forutunate.
I'll pm you my address............... :evil:
Un----ing Believable!
Beth

JHDesigns
07-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, since no one else is going to give a report on our weekend with Andrew in KC, I will.
Andrew demo'd all day Saturday and showed his geodes, beads, marbles, fuming, implosion, working with opals, dichroic, etc..etc..
All I can say is that if you think his work is awe inspiring you should meet him and you will find out that not only is he super talented he is also a one of a kind gem. He is a true artist at heart and our conversations have left me feeling both inspired and desiring to reach towards the goals I set for myself five years ago when I started. Sometimes we get lost along the way and the original vision gets distorted.
Thanks for a great weekend Andrew!
See ya in Portland!
Jami

wildfirelauri
07-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Beth, It would be my absolute pleasure to share. I'm boxing up the cat right now.

It was a wonderfull weekend. Andrew's passion and natural talent for the medium is inspiring. I'm still recovering, but I miss him already.

I have not doubt in my mind that Andrew will be a major force and influence in the future of art glass. No pressure AB. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2004/10074-icon_nana.gif

Juls
07-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Andrew,

Positively STUNNING glass work!! Definite eye candy to be stared at for undisclosed periods of time! :p

hugs~

Kalera
07-21-2004, 03:49 AM
Those are truly extraordinary! I am feeling very grateful that I checked in on WC tonight, and saw them.

laughing glass beads
07-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Watching him work..........no words to describe it. If you weren't there, you missed out in a big way! He is truly a gem of a person. Those paperweights in person, you look and look, and can't believe what you are seeing! Opals inside just glow.........like there is a light inside of them. The faceting adds a whole new element. I hope to be 1/10th as good as him.......I would be happy. CC

shaneanth
07-22-2004, 01:01 PM
yeah, those are freakin incredible, I hope to see one in person.