PDA

View Full Version : First Ebay auction! Comments please :)

yeepers
07-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey all,

I finally decided to take the leap and put up my first auction. If you wouldn't mind taking a minute to check it out and give me some feedback that would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link to the auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4912379349)

Briatha
07-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Is 11/16" mandrel correct or a typo for 1/16" mandrel?

Your photo is very good.

The font is a little difficult for me to read. It may just be the combination of font colors....but it looks good!

Congrats on a job well done :clap:

yeepers
07-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Arrrgh...see, that's why I need someone to proof stuff! Off to change that typo now :)

Thanks!

MegannsMom
07-16-2004, 01:58 PM
:clap: Congratulations! I thought that it looked great! Pretty beads, good picture, nice description! The only problem I had with it was the style of text...while I liked it and thought it was very pretty, it was hard for me to read.(keeping in mind I'm half blind.. :) !) Maybe it wasn't the style of the text, but the colors of it against the background color? Not sure. But overall, I really liked it! Hope you get LOTS of bids!
~Cindy

Shawn T.
07-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Yea Yee,
I always wanted to say that.
You auction looks good, I do like the font, but agree it was a little difficult to read. Really nice beads, and clear pic. I would add another shot or two, to the next auction. Pic tend to sell the beads. 7.99 for 16 encased beads, way too low IMHO. I am hoping you get lots of bids and they go for what they are worth. Congrats on jumping into the bay. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hugs,
Shawn

hayjoshrae
07-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Yee! How fabulous! I'm so excited for you! I will *hopefully* be in your shoes soon!!

Ah - Glad I checked your auction again before I posted! It looks really good! The beads are great, the page is clear and non-cluttered. Easy to see, easy to read. VERY NICE!

And I really like your turtle logo down the side!

Good luck with the auction!!! HOW FUN!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

yeepers
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey all!

Thanks for your very warm feedback :) I made some changes to the font and I think it's a little easier to read now. I'll have to keep working on the pics but I think the one large one is pretty good.

Thanks for helping me get started. Each auction will certainly be improved with all your helpful comments.

Cheers.

3SistersBeads
07-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooh Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Love those beadies, and your layout is great! Man, I wish I could encase like that.

Of course, I had to get the bidding going! I can picture these beads wrapped around my friend Maggie's hand. She's a total wild color bead girl. Or, maybe I'll just make a watch for myself. Or, maybe I'll make two.
Of course, I have to win them first!

Fingers crossed,

yeepers
07-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Leslie,

You're too sweet :) Thanks for getting the auction going...it's always a little nerve-wracking with the first auction I guess. Now I'm thinking..what if the winner thinks my beads suck? What if, what if, what if......

Thanks for making my day though! Woooohoooo! I've got a bid!

Have a great weekend :D

MegannsMom
07-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey all!

Thanks for your very warm feedback :) I made some changes to the font and I think it's a little easier to read now. I'll have to keep working on the pics but I think the one large one is pretty good.

Thanks for helping me get started. Each auction will certainly be improved with all your helpful comments.

Cheers.

YUP! That did it! MUCH easier for me to read! All looks good to me now! Great job!
~Cindy

Beth Myers
07-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Hey Girl!
I've missed seeing you around, have we just been missing each other?
I love this set, bright, crisp clean colors, and well made.
I also am liking your auction set up, sassy!
High fives!
Beth

And Yee, that penny is AMAZING, how did you do it, copper green, reduced????

yeepers
07-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Beth - LOL!!!!!

Yeah...I really worked hard on that penny!! It took amazing feats of mixing to achieve that particular color :D

The Other Hussy
07-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi Yeepers, I love those beads! Especially the last pic at the bottom really shows the depth. I love the logo down the side too, it made me see the beads and the logo at the same time. Just great!
The price is too low though!! Pricing is the worst!! I've put up beads at the same price as well, even though they are worth more, at least to me.:)
Good luck to you and i wish many, many, bids upon you!!

Paula

yeepers
07-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi Paula!

Thanks for the feedback. To tell you the truth I just didn't know where to start with pricing but knew I didn't feel comfortable starting at $0.99. I figure that eBay has pretty savvy shoppers and that usually items will bring the final price that the market will bear so hopefully the ending price will be indicative of what people are willing to pay???

I also didn't want to price myself out of the market completely..it being my first auction and all. As I get better and hopefully offer more varied sets I hope to adjust pricing accordingly.

It's definitely a learning experience!

isle-of-cats
07-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Yee~

First off the beads are awesome!
Second, I agree the price is too low but I know what you mean about not knowing what to start at, not wanting to make it too high but not too low either... I haven't even gone the auction way yet with my own beads... :rolleyes:
Third, your pictures are very clear and show the beads very well!
Forth, I love that page set up!!! Is that particular software??? I see people with such nice designs like that and am always wondering where the software comes from or how someone goes about designing that... would you be willing to share the info.? :D I understand if it you would rather keep it to yourself though... ;)

:clap: All in all, great beads & an A+ auction!!! :clap:
Good luck on your Ebay adventure!!

yeepers
07-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey Nicole,

I just sent you PM in case you don't see this thread again. Basically I use Adobe Photoshop to make my own template for listings. That way I can change the colors, fonts, etc. to accent the beads.

Hope that helps!