PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Owl S&T

Moth
07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
It is about an hour too early, but I can't help it. I am kind of excited about this bead.

Front:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/24464-carmelswirltabo.JPG

Back:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/24464-carmelswirltabbacko.JPG

So what do you all have to share???

~~Mary

DebbieSue
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Nice bead! Very interesting effect with the opposing lines... :clap:

Debbie

Foofaraw
07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Great bead, where's the tell??? lol here's a frightfully colorful set for the day!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/19877-Inspiration.jpg

CmdyNTrgdy
07-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Great bead, where's the tell??? lol here's a frightfully colorful set for the day!!!

Where's yours? :p

Booger
07-15-2004, 09:43 PM
No wonder you are excited, Mary Moth! I like the tiger with designer stripes. I heard a rumor that you maybe teaching a wire wrapping class in Painesville ? PLEASE let know when??? Ve have vays......
Jenn, that is a visually fun set of beadies. Really love the stringer swirlies!

And here are three hollows to make your eyeballs bleed with the color shock! I am liking these vibrating hues together and based them on a Turkish Medalion design I found in one of those WONDERFUL design books chock full of inspiration. Moretti. Raked dots and stringers pulled and dots and dots and MORE dots. If I keep this up? I may just end up with a full set!

Dotty Booger

Foofaraw
07-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Where's yours? :p

He he, there's so much going on in that set, I wouldn't know where to begin! Lime green, dk sky blue, amethyst, periwinkle, lavender, RO, violet, trans blue...some squiggles, some squishin' and some shapin' :D

koregon
07-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Jenn and Dotty Booger...nice beads :D
Mary...I can taste the chocolate and carmel...have you tried licking that one...it looks like candy...yum!

here is are some moretti with reduction stringer at a high shine...
"Shimmering Rogue" they remind me of our trip down the Rogue River Kayaking last weekend...we saw so much cool wildlife/turtles/birds..and deer etc...the water was gorgeous..weather perfect....aaaaaaaaaah...well anyway...two photos...one in more light..one in more shade...so you can see the difference light does/makes em high shine....oh and the mistake bead that became the turtle...his name is..."Rogue" of course :D

Shimmering Rogue

sarakay
07-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Mary, what's recipe for those lovely stripes?

So what is the right time to post show and tell beads? I can never tell if I should post in the morning thread when I get home from work...around 6 or so...too late for early the early show, too soon for the evening??

sara

LadyArowana
07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
They all look like candy to me ! I always wanted to fill a bowl with the Venetian glass sweeties ( the ones with the twisted "wrapper" at the ends ), but my idea was not met with overwhelming enthusiasm ! Fiona

kenchunk
07-15-2004, 11:53 PM
I like eve S&T

Moth - Your bead reminds me DD iced latte with moca swirl. Looks so yummy.

Jenn - I like second one from the right. I would love to have a set of those.

Booger - They are stunning!! I like the green one. I'm never able to decorate a hollow bead. It's hard enough for me to make a simple hollow

Kaye - The turtle is soooooooo cute! In the case he needs good home, please just let me know :)

Sara - I LOVE your floral. They are so elegant.

O.K. here is mine.
I managed to make one bead today, my first sculptural flower bead. It's not great but I'm happy with it.

Moth
07-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Oh My Gosh I forgot the 'Tell' part. LOL :p

Ok, here goes.

Case a rod of ivory with striking orange and pull down into a fat stringer. Case a rod of intense black with clear and pull down into a fat stringer.

Get the last inch of a thick rod of clear good and hot and stripe on two stripes of the striking orange over ivory stringer, and two stripes of the cased black stringer. Also stripe on two stripes of ivory, two stripes of new violet and one thin stripe of opaque orange.

Heat that all up and pull it into a striped cane about a foot long and 2-3mm in diameter.

Make a base barrel of white and case it thickly with light topaz. Paint the striped cane on in whatever pattern you want.

VIOLA...that's it.

Sheryll, yep, you heard right. I don't have any particulars just yet, but I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear something. I am pretty excited. I haven't taught a class in years and it was for seed beading, not wire.

Gorgeous beadies you guys! Keep 'em coming!

~~Mary

Shawn T.
07-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Ok Mary,
Sounds way too complicated for me, I think I will just sit here and stare at your pretty. Could have. Would Have, But I Wont. :evil:
I do think it is wonderful that you shared.
Shawn

giometriks
07-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Everyone's beads look lovely tonight. Such wonderful colors.

Hehehe.....I finally figured out this photo thing so I can play too. I thought I was too late but maybe I'm just right for tonight.....

Basically 2 color bead with twisties and dots.....etched

My daughter named the 2nd one Spotted Lizard. So nice to have help with the naming...lol.

Thanks!!!!

Suzi

Buck Young
07-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Well:

I've been really busy with life lately but I have had a few good bead moments. These are some of my recent favs.

Buck

Juls
07-16-2004, 05:22 AM
WOW!!

Gorgeous beads tonight, everyone!

Mary, that focal is simply beautiful!

Buck, STUNNING boro sets!

hugs~