PDA

View Full Version : Lampwork AND Seedbeads, yeah!!!!

LifeisGood
07-15-2004, 05:29 PM
theres a newer girl here on wc that does unbelievable tiny beadwork WITH lampwork, and I just bought this necklace from her---awesome or what? I hope i can get the darn pic to load. I LOVE it Cindy! there's no personal affiliation with her of course, I found her website here on WC! she's www.fantasybeading.com

koregon
07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
that is absoulutly gorgeous!!! wowzer
beautimous

!Karen
07-15-2004, 05:45 PM
That's just lovely!! Great web site too!

:)Karen

MegannsMom
07-15-2004, 06:01 PM
:D You all make me smile! Ana is such a sweetie! I didn't realize when I mailed it out that it was her....I am so glad that it has a good home! It was one of my favs of the moment and hard to let go of; I'm sure you know what I mean! Thanks for the sweet comments about my work and site! :D
~Cindy

nicker
07-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Yowzers! Those are awsome! I love the dichroic ones!

dogmaw
07-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Yep, seedbeeds and lampwork go well together. Here are a couple of mine.

Jo

LifeisGood
07-15-2004, 07:06 PM
nice Jo! Very nice!!

DebbieSue
07-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Outstanding! :clap:

Debbie

Paula D
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Here's mine. This took forever but it's pretty on!!!
Paula

dogmaw
07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Oooh, super Paula! What kind of stitch and thread did you use?

Jo

LifeisGood
07-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Love the necklace Paula, it's a masterpiece!

Paula D
07-15-2004, 10:56 PM
I used strips of peyote stitch using Czech beads. (It was a real challenge matching the colors.) Silamide thread in colors to match the beads. I should mention that I bought the focal on Ebay years ago (before I set up my torch) from Evelyn the Beadesignr lady.
Paula

Artaholic
07-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Really great work here everyone,glad to see these. here are some of mine.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147234&stc=1

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147235&stc=1

LifeisGood
07-17-2004, 11:12 PM
nice job Gerry! Really impressive. Thanks for showing and telling!

Paula D
07-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah Gerry. Really nice!!!
I had a few others but sold them. Too bad no photos.
Paula

Virginia L.
07-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Very Beautiful everyone - I agree - lampwork and seedbeads - here is mine - Virginia L.

TheBlueBetween
07-20-2004, 12:55 AM
OOOH! My favortite - seed beads and lampwork!!! Some very beautiful work here everyone!

Here are a couple of my pieces:

dgg112
07-20-2004, 10:54 AM
OOOH! My favortite - seed beads and lampwork!!! Some very beautiful work here everyone!

Oh wow Pam!!! I love the second one in particular. Is that freeform?? I LOVE freeform but I really suck at it!!!! lol

Peg
07-20-2004, 12:08 PM

Wow what a lot of work. How many hours into each piece? When you come to the Luau you will find Vickie, Cate do seed beads and lampwork as well as others and you can have a nice chat. I liked the way the first one loops thru the other end. Both are really beautiful. Peg M

Peg
07-20-2004, 12:21 PM
P.S. Everone your pieces are all beautiful. How you ever have the patience to thread all those seed beads amazes me. I am tempted to try and crochet a rope after seeing it done at the Puget Sound Bead Festival recently. Did I say tempted? Hmmm Peg M

creativespirit
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh My God there is some wonderful pic's today. This is an amulet bag I did a few years ago, but no lampwork,wasn't making beads back then.

Peace
Wendy :)

TheBlueBetween
07-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks Debbie and Peg!

Yes Debbie, it's free-form peyote - but how can you suck at it? After all, free-form is just peyote with the freedom to make mistakes!

Peg I am so looking forward to your Luau and connecting with people that do what I do! It's very exciting :) Let's see, the first necklace probably took me 10-15 hours, not including the lampwork (I'm slow at that too) - hard to say exactly with all the interuptions I get with my son - and the second one probably took 30+ hours and I should have mentioned that the sea fan is by Cheryl at Dragon Beads.

:) Pam

BioImage
07-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Some of you may have seen this piece before, it's bead crochet that my wife does. I do the torch work, she's the Queen of Seed Beads. The real deal can be seen at the Sea Oats Gallery on St. George Is. in Florida.

Robert

CarlaAlexander
07-20-2004, 01:51 PM
OK Mom sent me to look at this thread and my chin hit the floor. Those are beautiful ladies. I am jealous. I want to try a rope sometime. It might be my first winter project.

ABannie
07-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Since the bead making took over I have not taken up the seedbeads... Not too much anyway :)
Here is a picture of a piece I did as a gift for a friend. ~ Annie

Shawn T.
07-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh wow Pam!!! I love the second one in particular. Is that freeform?? I LOVE freeform but I really suck at it!!!! lol

LOL Debbie,
I did seedbead work before I started lampwroking, Now a have a huge tackel box full of seed beads that sit there untouched for over three years now.
I did a lot of feeform work, but I sucked at it also till a teacher told me to have a couple glasses of wine before I started, to help me think outside the box. I just lughed like crazy at her. I don't drink, but I got the idea.
Beautiful work here, I know how much time and talent it takes to work with seedbeads.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
thanks for sharing your work!
Shawn

Virginia L.
07-20-2004, 03:53 PM
since we are talking sead beads, I thought I would include this one - it does not all show, cause this much fill'd the entire scanner bed, and the rest is falling over the bottom and sides - but it will be nice to show this to people who know what it took to make it - Virginia L.

BioImage
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
It's more seed bead than lampwork, but here's another of Camille's pieces. Woven bracelet with a button closure.

Robert

FrontHallGlass
07-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Oh my gosh, you guys! Those are all so beautiful!

I wanna get my hands on a couple of them and keep them for my precious! :evil: :evil:

I am amazed on a daily basis (daily, shows my WC! sickness, hehehehe) at the talent and creativity here on WC!. All concentrated in a little group.

Rebekah

LifeisGood
07-20-2004, 07:31 PM
wow!

let's keep this thread going and lets see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LifeisGood
07-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Wow what a lot of work. How many hours into each piece? When you come to the Luau you will find Vickie, Cate do seed beads and lampwork as well as others and you can have a nice chat. I liked the way the first one loops thru the other end. Both are really beautiful. Peg M

Peg, I have few pieces that have thousands of beads, and believe me, it is relaxing AND you can get very fast at it. My only way of going fast is a very thin but long needle, working on velvet, so I can just touch the tip of the needle onto the bead, knock it over, it goes right onto the needle, and you can move like a machine!! oh and very strong magnification :)

dgg112
07-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks Debbie and Peg!

Yes Debbie, it's free-form peyote - but how can you suck at it? After all, free-form is just peyote with the freedom to make mistakes!

I can follow directions (well most of the time, don't ask my husband though), but freeform just overwhelms me. It looks like someone didn't know what they were doing, lol.

dgg112
07-21-2004, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Shawn T.]LOL Debbie,
I did seedbead work before I started lampwroking, Now a have a huge tackel box full of seed beads that sit there untouched for over three years now.
I did a lot of feeform work, but I sucked at it also till a teacher told me to have a couple glasses of wine before I started, to help me think outside the box. I just lughed like crazy at her. I don't drink, but I got the idea.

Maybe that's my problem, I don't drink either!!! lol Couple glasses of wine would have me on the floor!!!

But I did do a beaded collar, it's not freeform in the peyote sense, but it's kinda freeform in that you don't have a pattern or any instructions you just start stitching! I used some dichroic cabs (of course I didn't make them but maybe one of these days). It's not finished, I need to add a clasp and I just haven't figured out how I want to do that, so it's kinda sitting around waiting to be finished, (it has lots of company!!! lol)
Anyway here's my first collar (unfinished) and a cellini spiral I did with a lampwork bead:

dgg112
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Anyway here's my first collar (unfinished) and a cellini spiral I did with a lampwork bead:[/QUOTE]

Geeeeeeeeez yall sorry about the monster pictures, I thought they'd come up as thumbnails, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Virginia L.
07-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Anyway here's my first collar (unfinished) and a cellini spiral I did with a lampwork bead:

Geeeeeeeeez yall sorry about the monster pictures, I thought they'd come up as thumbnails, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o[/QUOTE]

Hi, as a slightly getting older, getting more and more visually impared, artist, I LOVE the big pictures - I have not been able to figure out how to make them smaller anyway - I reduce them and they still pop up huge. LOVE your work, and love all that I have seen - I have trouble "coloring outside of the lines" but I have something in my little soul that really WANTS to. I am trying to do more freeform beads, without a LOT of success so far, but I will get there as something in my soul wants to fly out of the box and never get back in - I think I need a purple dress and a red hat!!! Maybe that will help - God Bless -Virginia L.

dgg112
07-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Geeeeeeeeez yall sorry about the monster pictures, I thought they'd come up as thumbnails, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
I have trouble "coloring outside of the lines" but I have something in my little soul that really WANTS to. I am trying to do more freeform beads, without a LOT of success so far, but I will get there as something in my soul wants to fly out of the box and never get back in - I think I need a purple dress and a red hat!!! Maybe that will help - God Bless -Virginia L.[/QUOTE]

LOL I'm with you Virginia!!!!!

TheBlueBetween
07-21-2004, 01:22 PM
What a great thread everyone! So many beautiful things :clap: :clap: :clap:

(And I think you all should be posting these over in the wearable art forum as well!)

TheBlueBetween
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I thought this might be a good thread to announce a new project challenge - what with all the seed bead lovers here!

Check it out and join if you can!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211375

StefaniBeads
08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Wow, such beautiful pieces! Somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted and I'm so glad it has been brought back up! :)

Seed beading is something I have been wanting to learn for a loooong time, but I don't think I can learn it from a book. :rolleyes: I did find a very nice bead shop further north of me that teaches beading and wirework classes. This would be a great thing for my DD and I to go and learn together!

Juls
08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Here's one from me..made with lampwork I bought before I started with the flame. There are also vintage glass cabs and artisan clay cabs and..yes, plastic beads...which actually inspired the whole necklace! I was walking down the bead aisle at Hobby Lobby and heard all these tiny voices screaming...as soon as I looked at the package of black and white I saw the necklace. (There is no smilie for "nut case"...which is how the above likely makes me sound. lol)

The Fine Print~

hugs~
~Juls

dgg112
08-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Here's one from me..made with lampwork I bought before I started with the flame. There are also vintage glass cabs and artisan clay cabs and..yes, plastic beads...which actually inspired the whole necklace! I was walking down the bead aisle at Hobby Lobby and heard all these tiny voices screaming...as soon as I looked at the package of black and white I saw the necklace. (There is no smilie for "nut case"...which is how the above likely makes me sound. lol)

The Fine Print~

hugs~
~Juls

Juls, the little voices talk to you on the bead aisle tooooooooooooooooooo????
LOLOL how funny, they're particularly bad at the bead shows too!!!
Love your necklace!