GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: My First Ever Painting
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 542 x 485
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my first ever digital painting done through Photoshop i was Inspired by Mr. Qazi Asif (Lahore Field)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I know I am not as good as you professional peoples. And that is actually why I am posting this picture, I need to be kicked hurt and made clear what I have done wrong in this picture (Other then have posted this picture here).

This is my very first picture.

futurebird
07-15-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't see anything wrong with this. The highlights are pretty nice. The green background seems rather boring though... like you just filled it with green--

Gilberte
07-15-2004, 02:52 PM
I just don't know nothing about digital painting so I won't critique nor comment but WELCOME TO WETCANVAS !

angela
07-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi Welcome to WC!!!
You did a really good job on this, especially for your first try! You got really good depth in the petals, and the highlights are done well. It seems kind of blurry though..maybe this was your intention? You can sharpen it in photoshop if you chose to (filter/unsharp mask works best). I think that would help it "pop" a little more. Keep painting, and posting! Nice job, and hope to see you around here more often.
Angela

angela
07-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I hope you dont mind...I took the liberty and sharpened it, so you could see the difference. what do you think?
angela

hans.kok
07-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, I wish my first picture had been that good...
A few tips, perhaps apart fromt the things the others alsready said:
Try to get some real highlights and shadow, to define a light source. And while you're using Photoshop, look into adding some texture. A little random noise will do wonders already, but there are many other options to try (filters => noise, pixelate or texture, for instance). In stead of filling your background with one solid color, you can also try gradient fills (see the gradient tools on your standard toolbar). Just a soft gradient from dark to lighter green would give a much livelier background.
Hans

RoomeJee
07-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Hi, thanks every one for supporting me,
what i have tried here is not to use any filters or color correction or even sharpness from Phtoshop and any special effect or image manupilation.

I have used just the brush and smudge tool.
and not even the beautiful and smart "Undo" tool

PLease keep on appreciating ;) that makes me feel good

RoomeJee
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Need more comments

Mikey
07-20-2004, 09:00 AM
You've got an impressive colour field with the red on green. I think you'll now want to find ways of making the picture more interesting. As already suggested you could try varying the background, although I'd do this with a brush, not a graduated fill. I recommend experimenting all the time. Just play around with the software instead of thinking about a finished result. Try different settings for the brushes, and why not try the displace filter on the background using layers. Forget the presets and create your own displace masks to get texture. Learn how to push Photoshop to its limits by having plain good fun. Then the creativity begins to happen.

Mikey