PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, 7/15 Show-n-Tell

GinnyHampton
07-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Wow - no s&t yet today, guess I'll get it started :D

Here's a new beadie set using some old coral and 2 shades of transparent blues:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/16244-DSCN3627.JPG

And a new wire-wrapped bracelet with fringies!!! Beads are all Moretti: black, new coral, pea, streaky pink and dk turquoise. I wore this yesterday and loved it . . .I like how these bracelets sound.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/16244-DSCN3624.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/16244-DSCN3621.JPG

Beth Myers
07-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Fun color combos Ginny.
Nice work on that bracelet too!
Beth

SusanH
07-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Ginny- great beads, great bracelet and great pictures!!!! :clap:
Here's mine- organically shaped tabs- ivory glass, mixture of enamels, plus raised streaky amber (odd color from vetrofond).

Susan

starlightdesigns
07-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Oh, Ginny, that bracelet is to die for!!!!

Well, I haven't had much time to post in the S&Ts lately, but I'll squeeze in a few minutes here...

Here's a few from me...

This one is one of my recent favorites... Tiger beads are made with an amber core, with twisted dark brown and ivory stringer plus silvered ivory stringer, then encased with clear with hints of amber on the surface here and there. Accompanying the tiger beads are spotted beads with dark brown core encased in amber with ivory dots.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/37248-dls141.jpg

I just used four colors here, transparent amber and light amber, opaque lavender and light violet (whoops, make that five colors - white was used as a core on some of the beads).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/37248-dls139.jpg

This floral focal is created with a base of white with medium blue and grass green over it, then decorated with a light striped green cane stringer, and then four little velvet red flowers...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/37248-dlf137.jpg

and finally, my first successful hollow bead. Not very proud of the bead itself, just proud that it succeeded!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/37248-dlf138.jpg

Hope ya'll like 'em... I'm always open to input and suggestions... Thanks!

Edit: whoops! Had the pix with the wrong descriptions... and forgot to mention all are pretty much Moretti, with some Lauscha clear.

Oh, and Susan, lovely tabs!!!!

papiermoonglass
07-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Okay I'm posting but not nearly awake yet, lol...although this eye-candy is starting to wake me up...

Ginny - Fabulous sets, I love the colors on the first one, the layered dots look great too
Susan - nice shape on those tabs
Debby - The top set is scruptous, love the cased striping

Okay here's my offering for the day. The first one and last one are focals I'm thinking of posting either or the Bay or our website later today. The middle one is a set I actually did last week that I thought I had posted already but I hadn't...it is bright but well we love bright glass :)

Thom

CmdyNTrgdy
07-15-2004, 10:57 AM
ooh, I like the black, gray, and white set the most so far.

Everyone's beads are great :)

I have nothing to share.. for now anyway. :(

Briatha
07-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Ginny luscious coral set and stunning bracelet!

Susan captivating set!

Debby delicious array of eye candy!

Thom specatacular stringer design!

Just a couple of simple ones from me. The first one is Evil Purple& Khaki and the second one is Wedgewood and White.

snootyvixen
07-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh boy Thom! I just envy your stringer control enormously!!!

Ginny, your bracelet is wonderful - I love fringey things!

Susan, they remind me of honey on toast!!

Starlight - congratulations on the hollow!! Once you have the concept down, practice, practice, practice and you'll be churning out those hollows in no time!

I'm going to repost my cat family - adapted from the how-to in "Beads for the Inner Child", and made using the CBS lentil press - I call them Kitty, Lynx & Leopard (in that order):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/14836-b040714_kitty_lynx_leopard.jpg

Lynx is made with SIS on butter yellow and Leopard is (not sure which) frit on white

Vikki

snootyvixen
07-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Faith - you posted while I was composing my tome! LOL! I LOVE the khaki/EDP combination!

Vikki

GinaJ
07-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Good morning, such beautiful work posted today!!!
Ginny-I love them all, great color combinations
Susan-those are beautiful! I bought some streaky amber, but it doesn't streak, do you have to do anything special?
Debby-All beautiful sets, I always love the animal prints
Thom- Your work is fantastic!!!!
Faith-Great sets, love the colors!
Vikki- Adorable!!!! Those are Great!!!
Here's a set from me, using the Zoozii press, Moretti black with roses:

maureen
07-15-2004, 11:30 AM
just a fly-by from me...i gotta mow the lawn, before it rains..again...
great work!!

a black and white set for an order, and a fun sunshiny set..
enjoy the day! maureen

margaretz
07-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Just a quick stop in... great s & T today, everyone! I'm off to go pick up bug traps and go in the lab for the day. If I'm not too pooped when I get home, torchy, torchy, torchy....

I had a session with boro this weekend, and here's one of the pieces that session produced:

gayle Janczarek
07-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Everyones beads are just great! Here are a couple of bracelets finished today. Made with my beads, can't help saying that!! It is still such a goooooood feeling! First two went to my daughter-in-laws for there 30th birthdays, third pic was also a gift. Made the girls on sterling charm bracelets, lots of movement and tinkle. Rubio red, black and white, first try and not too dissapointed. Still trying, some day.
gayle
Please tell me what you think, I read this site daily, (don't tell anyone maybe more like 2 or 3 times a day.)

double S
07-15-2004, 12:29 PM
beautiful work today.
Here are my latest
Royal robes-- various purples and lavenders
William Morris--Ivory, dk teal, goldstone, black
Blush Rose-- Check rose opal, rose opal with ruby gold frit, rose stringer
Lisa S

ABannie
07-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Wow as usual!!! Too many to comment on and too little time :p

Here's some from me :D ~ Annie

Moth
07-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Splendiforous!!!!!!!!

You guys ROCK!

Love all the colors and the webbed focals. Gorgeous.

My mother in law's birthday is today and she is missing Florida big time. SO, I followed the tutorial by Karen Moyer in the latest Step by Step beads and came up with these. I made my spikes a little differently than the tutorial said. Mine are just dots.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2004/24464-seashellso.JPG

~~Mary

jujeebeads
07-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Beautiful beads today!! :clap:

Gayle~ Welcome! Nice beads and beautiful bracelets too! Lots of work there! :)

Mary~ Love the shells! :)

I have been so busy with fish and orders, but yesterday, I just played! Haven't named this...so generic title...floral cube.

Judy :cat:

koregon
07-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Well a made focals yesterday...as I just wasn't with it with the cbs or zoozii....everynow and then I just have a day...for the life of me I can't make a decent lentil...mental game...beadmaking is! :D so this is my longest bead to date 60~mm long (THE MIDDLE ONE)...I love it...Not sure if it will go for sale...its my colors...might keep it for a bit...all Moretti..purple and lime is only 42~mm....bright toned one is 42~mm to...but chubbier

DebbieSue
07-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Very lovely work today! Thanks all for sharing it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie

beadsbybrat
07-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Beautiful beads every body!

I made My first good florals today!!

I figured out how to make them work. I plunge into the beead so there is a little hole and put the petals around that. DUHH! Why did I not think of that in the first place?

This is the first time I could make a flower with 5 petals!
YAY!

The brat

sarakay
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Pretty beads today, as always!

Vikki I love the expressions on your cat faces. They say "Feed me or else!" to me. :D

I finally got around to etching some more florals.
sara

mhartjen
07-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Wonderful stuff everyone! I love the kitty beads! Here are a few of mine ... Marna

GardenGirl1002
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Well a made focals yesterday...as I just wasn't with it with the cbs or zoozii....everynow and then I just have a day...for the life of me I can't make a decent lentil...mental game...beadmaking is! :D so this is my longest bead to date 60~mm long (THE MIDDLE ONE)...I love it...Not sure if it will go for sale...its my colors...might keep it for a bit...all Moretti..purple and lime is only 42~mm....bright toned one is 42~mm to...but chubbier

Kaye - It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has those same days!!
Your focals are just beautiful, though!
Kristen

DebbieSue
07-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Beautiful beads every body!

I made My first good florals today!!

I figured out how to make them work. I plunge into the beead so there is a little hole and put the petals around that. DUHH! Why did I not think of that in the first place?

This is the first time I could make a flower with 5 petals!
YAY!

The brat

Wow, brat! You are moving along! Great beads! :clap:

Debbie