PDA

View Full Version : Misty WIP 7-14-04

sugar tree gal
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-14-2004/15639_Picture_006.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Misty WIP 7-14-04
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is about finished, so lay it on me!!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

NHyde
07-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I'll have to remain in the cheerleader category on this one, as I don't (yet) know much about portraiture. Colours are as warm and inviting as her eyes...pretty good start, if you ask me! :)

Cheers eh,
Nicole

jerryW
07-14-2004, 10:55 PM
much detailing around facial features.
like finding a person inside a painting.

maybe it is ok to portray people in portraits like that.
to me the whole canvas has to be serviced as the thing to do first.

after the whole thing works then I would go for details.
to me the details (which work well here) came too early for the composition, which so far is a penetration of firelights from one side into darkwood colors.

V-A
07-15-2004, 04:34 AM
I like the warm colors and that she is making contact with the viewer. I feel that shoulder area's planes are a bit too flat, sort of. Feels like there should be shadow under her left arm rather that dark line above and under it. I maybe wrong thoug, its YOUR painting :D

ROCK!

sugar tree gal
07-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Rock , you are right, Jerry I realize what you are saying, but I felt like I had to get the eyes in there, I have been messing with this way to long.. Nicole, you always have a kind word.. I think you know I have been messing with this girls pics. for too long.. So I am going to finish them and let someone else do portraits! I will paint animals and landscapes... Thanks guys.. : :) Janice