PDA

View Full Version : The song of the wind.

Lilith7
07-14-2004, 07:46 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-14-2004/20778_The_song_of_the_wind.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The song of the wind.
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 1410 ^ 1000 pixels
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a commission, so the ideas are not mine (the notes floating, the angel playing the saxophone) but I tried to paint it in my style.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I has a problem to put all the ideas in one painting and now I'm not very sure about the composition. I need some feedback in the anatomy, the wings of the angel and some things that doesn’t look well.

futurebird
07-15-2004, 10:00 AM
This is an extremely challenging and complex subject. I'll always admire fantasy artists for taking on hard to paint scenes while often receiving very little credit for "serious artists"

I think you have done a good job of capturing a mood and working out the light source and much of the color.

The smaller figures seem to bright and could use more shadow.

Lilith7
07-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi. thanks for the reply, I will add some shodows to the little guys.

I'll always admire fantasy artists for taking on hard to paint scenes while often receiving very little credit for "serious artists"

You are right, specially if the painting is digital.

angela
07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
I love this..its whimsical. The wings are awesome! Great composition, and great way to illustrate the song of the wind. I agree about the shadows though on the little guys. Other than that, its great. I have never used painter before, but have used photoshop a lot. its amazing what you can do on the computer. I checked out your website..You have some really cool stuff!!!
Angela

Stoeptegel
07-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Wow, i really like this! a great mood you captured here!
As for crits, i tjink the trees in the front look a little flat.
I think a bit more highlight on the inside of the trees would create more depth, i included a pic so you can see what i mean...

Anyway a great job :clap:

Daniel

Lilith7
07-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Hi, thanks angela I'm glad you like my work. :) I love Painter, is very fun to paint with it... but I think my paintings in Photoshop are a little more "better". :p

Wow Daniel you are right, need some highlights! I will try that thanks! :D

Karen