PDA

View Full Version : Screamers!!!

Allison Turner
07-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Introducing my newest set in my "Artist Series" collection.
I just had to show you all.
:D

These are my rendition of Edvard Munch's painting...The Scream (or The Cry).

Of course these are my first draft, but I think they turned out ok.
They should do really well around Halloween, don'tcha think?
Muwahahahahaha.... :evil:

ValorieCox
07-14-2004, 02:27 PM
You are amazing Allison, very nice! The colors might be a little bright still, maybe tone down that pink just a tad to be more consistant with the Munch original. Yes, very spooky and moody! :D Val

bolimasa
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Gorgeous!!!

SusanH
07-14-2004, 02:31 PM
So Cool!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

!ngridh
07-14-2004, 02:32 PM
I not only think they are GREAT.... I think you should contact the gift shop for MOMA and see if they are interested in buying a 1000 or so..... ;-)
The colors don't bother me...the painting is impressionistic and I think that you actually need the extra contrast for the smaller size of your rendition...

I LOVE THEM!

Allison Turner
07-14-2004, 02:33 PM
You are amazing Allison, very nice! The colors might be a little bright still, maybe tone down that pink just a tad to be more consistant with the Munch original. Yes, very spooky and moody! :D Val

I thought so too Val. I did do a few test beads in flesh colored. The first was ivory and it turned to muck because of the frit. By the way that's ocelot spots. :) Then I tried opal yellow. The color was perfect but then the eyes bled. I will keep working on that though. I'll get there (i hope). :D
Hey if anyone has any ideas... let me know!!
:)

Thanks everyone!

Shawn T.
07-14-2004, 03:03 PM
I think they are wonderful as they are. I love your colors. I also like the fact that at first look I didn't see the face.
Since you asked:
If you are looking to change the color of the face, more true to the pic, then I would try Sage Green or Avocado. But keep the background the same, beautiful ccolors in there.

Shawn

candygrrl
07-14-2004, 03:07 PM
have you tried tongue pink? That might work for you (at least the tongue pink ~I~ have might)

riachik
07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
I think the screamers are great and very marketable! Nice job.
Maria

WillowMajestic
07-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Wow!! You are amazing! :clap:

Kari

DebbieSue
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh wow! That is really cool! What inspiration and talent! :clap:

Debbie

bolimasa
07-14-2004, 05:30 PM
I thought so too Val. I did do a few test beads in flesh colored. The first was ivory and it turned to muck because of the frit. By the way that's ocelot spots. :) Then I tried opal yellow. The color was perfect but then the eyes bled. I will keep working on that though. I'll get there (i hope). :D
Hey if anyone has any ideas... let me know!!

Thanks everyone!

You should post pictures of your trials and errors. I'm sure I'm not the only rookie beadmaker who'd like to see your process. I think we all tend to think the marvelous beadmakers who post here just sit down and create wonderful works of art every time. Then we get frustrated as we pile up the the "not quite rights" as we work to creating something interesting. It would be reassuring to see that someone as talented as yourself has to work at it too!

Melinda Melanson
07-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I HAVE to have one!! Do you have a leftover or oddball that I can purchase from you? please please please The Scream is one of my favorite paintings. If not THE favorite.

I'll pay any type of bribe, cash, chocolate, beads, glass etc....

Beth Myers
07-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Allison~ :clap: :clap: :clap:
Goregous, I love them.
Beth

littlecrow1
07-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Those are soooooooooooooooooooooo cool! :clap: AWESOME!!! Those are up there with the coolest beads Ive ever seen! :clap:

I gotta ask, being such a famous painting is there any copyright laws you need to watch for? Im not lookin to start a copyright thread...rofl...just wondering.

pattykake
07-14-2004, 07:02 PM
toooooo much fun!!!

Allison, you never fail to amaze and amuse me!

smiles..........tish

isle-of-cats
07-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Allison~

:clap: Incredible and so super cool!!! WOW!!!! :clap:

I think you should bottle a little of your creativity and sell that!!!
You’d be RICH!!!

FrontHallGlass
07-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I only have one idea that would make them better...

SEND THEM TO ME!! I can see the bracelet now!

Love them so much.

Rebekah

Borago
07-14-2004, 08:08 PM
:clap: I love these beads (and I'm a Norwegian) I have to mail this to the Munch museum - I'm sure they'll love it too!
Marianne

margaretz
07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Very cool Allison. Great job!

Allison Turner
07-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks everybody!
The more I do them the better they will get I'm sure. I'm going to try to tweek them as i go.

Linda, I may still have some of the test beads in my bead poo bowl. Some may have exploded because I didn't put them in the kiln but maybe I can line them up to show you the progress. I'll go look later.

Melinda, I'm going to make more!!! Soon!! Email me. :)

Deb, Copyright. I had a looong discussion with my mother and sister about the "Artist series" and copyright. They run an art gallery in Vermont. With quite a bit of searching they came up with nothing. My sister said it would be almost impossible for me to find out if all these paintings I am working with are copyrighted, but, they are VERY old paintings and the chances are that I would be ok. You can find these on lunch boxes and in magazines on all types of gifts and fabric. They said if anything, I should copyright the beads. I don't know if I want to go that far though. So in the mean time I will stick with the very old paintings and hope for the best I guess.
Now the pictures of the painting I got off the web could be subject to copyright. EEk. I can't figure out how to get around that though. People want to see the paintings with the beads so I have no choice right now. I just don't know.

littlecrow1
07-14-2004, 08:39 PM
I think they are FANTASTIC and if I were you I would check into copyrighting those babies!! I know id buy em!

dogmaw
07-14-2004, 08:46 PM

Val, I have to disagree with you. Well, not about the amazing part, those are some super beads! But I'm afraid if the skin tone is too close in value to the background tone then it will get washed out. I would want people to be able to see these on my wrist and realize they should be asking to see it closer.

Jo

fikefire
07-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Allison ~ You never cease to amaze me :) Great work!

quill
07-14-2004, 10:14 PM
I need one!

encantado
07-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Those are wonderful! Let us know when you are selling them! My mother would love it!

ValorieCox
07-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Val, I have to disagree with you. Well, not about the amazing part, those are some super beads! But I'm afraid if the skin tone is too close in value to the background tone then it will get washed out. I would want people to be able to see these on my wrist and realize they should be asking to see it closer.

Jo

Good point Jo, I hadn't considered the bracelet aspect of viewing the beads from across the room, and wanting to see them closer. The contrast and brightness is a real plus. :)

I can't wait to see how you continue with them Allison!

Val

mistymade
07-15-2004, 12:22 AM
I need one too!:D

Seriously Allison, these are sooooooo cool!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Allison Turner
07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks again everyone!!!!

Here's a picture of some of the poo beads I found. Yep they cracked in half but you can still kinda see what I went through.
I had a few others but they shattered into bits.

BLECK!

:evil:

encantado... I post new stuff every Sunday night on ebay. ;}

Melinda Melanson
07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
I like the black eyed one too!! Great Job Allison! :clap: :clap:

bolimasa
07-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for posting the poo poo's!! Of course, your poos better than mine ;), but it is reassuring to see that even the great beadmakers need to play around with the process!

kyyardlizard
07-15-2004, 10:54 PM
OMG Allison....I was wondering what you had been up to lately....now I know...those totally rock....I think they need to live in KY....what ya think??

midniteburner
07-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Allison,

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love the photo where you show your inspiration and then the final product.

These beads will do good all year long.

Sara

encantado
07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
encantado... I post new stuff every Sunday night on ebay. ;}[/QUOTE]

Ok- I will keep checking back! I showed my mom the beads and she went gaga- she is a big Halloween/Scary kind of gal!

juniemoon
07-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi Allison,
i love your beads of THE SCREAM i am a fan of that painting......and you captured its spirit beautifully.......thanks for sharing them with us, as usual, your beads just rock!!!
junie

Booger
07-17-2004, 01:41 AM
ARRGHHHHHHH! THOSE ARE SCREAMERIFIC!
Oooooo, I am feeling ALL festive now and wanting the Halloween. Those are absolute mood beads and I can't wait for the fight over them when they go up and out.

Take A BIG Bow, Allison!
EEEEEEEK Sheryll

3SistersBeads
07-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey Allison!

Could you make cabs outta the split beads, do you think?

Send them my way and I'll give it a try! :D :p :D

Allison Turner
07-17-2004, 01:38 PM
You are all just too great. Thanks so much everyone!
((blush))

Junie, is that the painting there I see as your tiny head??
LOL!

Leslie, you know I have a bazillion poo poo beads here that are mostly all cracked in half. I was going to use them for a mosiac table top. I'm just too lazy to build the base for it. Most would work great for cabs though I bet!! Maybe I will play with that idea. :p

Lara
07-17-2004, 10:08 PM
They are great. They do look like the painting, but they also look like ghosts or aliens too. Should do great for Halloween.

Lara