PDA

View Full Version : San Geronimo Mission

SoonerAsh
07-14-2004, 12:56 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-13-2004/28568_WIP_San_Geronimo_002a.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: San Geronimo Mission
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 15
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a painting of a Spanish mission located in Taos Pueblo, NM.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would greatly appreciate any critiques or comments.

Much thanks,
Ash :)

artinoils
07-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Very nice sense of light you've captured here. The colors are working well and the shapes are interesting. The blue thing on the left...what is it? It doesn't seem to fit with what is seen through the foreground arch.

TScottDove
07-14-2004, 04:16 AM
very nice colour and sense of light and shadow. bravo.

but i'm trying to decide if i'd like to see more of the foreground - like double what's there now, or less - meaning let the bottom of the wall bleed off the bottom.

Gilberte
07-14-2004, 05:26 AM
Oh dear, I'm going to nit pick ...
the front wall has the same value as the mission building in the back the latter one needs to be softer to create some depth ....... ?

Michael-Ann
07-14-2004, 12:56 PM
No crits...love the color in this! Nice to see a bit of NM, I think you captured it's essence in this work.

haaf
07-14-2004, 01:10 PM
great colors, can feel the warmth.
agree with TScott, more foreground would be welcome, that's impossible to correct now, maybe you can break the wall up a little by adding shawdows caused by something unseen by the viewer.
Caroline
;)

tpulley
07-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi
I love the color. Are you are painting from a photo?......I love painting from photos of my travels, but I like to create an impression of the photograph on canvas...or why bother? ... You have the photo to enlarge or frame. Don't be afraid to mix it up.....you're creative....trust your inner artist and don't be captive to the photograph. For example, the front wall acts exactly like a barrier, so the eye finds it difficult to travel elsewhere in the picture....may just painting the entrance with a view to the interior building would have been more captivating and added more mystery and depth.

Mikey
07-14-2004, 05:07 PM
As Gilberte says I think, but just a few touches of the brush.

Mikey