GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Threesome Anyone?
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
all the same size .. a few more learning steps, hopefully.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

NHyde
07-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Wayne, I like all three, but am really attracted to the last one. It could be because it's different subject matter than I'm used to seeing from you. You've captured motion, energy, and strength.

Well done Wayne!

Cheers,
Nicole

Artistanne
07-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Love 'em all! :)

wolvenp
07-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Wayne,
Still life is nicely done! I like the soft focus, the complimentary colors. The grayed violet bkd is a good color.

Gilberte
07-14-2004, 05:38 AM
Numero uno is my favorite.
Numero duo looks lovely but shows extremely dark on my screen. Flowers in a vase ?
Less impressed by the third one the rocks dominating the scenery.

You do such good work Wayne that from time to time we must leave out the kudos ;)

V-A
07-14-2004, 06:41 AM
I like em! :clap:
These will go straight to my Wayne-forlder ;)

nethra
07-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Luv them all...Luv the 1'st one very much
:clap:

Wayne Gaudon
07-14-2004, 07:54 AM
thank you Nicole, Artistanne, Paul, Gilberte, V-A, & Nethra

Number 1 has been sold and #3 has been put on the shelf. I was going to bring it up to a larger verison but when I did attempt it, I made the water far too tube blue and the rocks too detailed. I think I will leave it as it doesn't overly peak my interest at the moment.

I have since done 2 larger versions of #2 using bold and vibrant color as opposed to the greyed down version here. I will be doing 2 more and one of them, if not both, will be using muted color. (Doing a foursome for a wonderful client .. she is great but she never pays for anything) LOL

haaf
07-14-2004, 11:22 AM
number one is very well executed, there is an over all calmness in it, thought out well, nice depth
number two good colors, interesting light drop spots, to much business in the lower left quarter. the softness is good
number three needs more umph?
Caroline ;)

SMViolano
07-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Heyyyyyyy #3 is really different for you!

Very nice!

Vase is well done- I like the lost edges.

Trees and snow are classic Wayne!

Wayne Gaudon
07-14-2004, 01:46 PM
thank you Caroline & SM

Matt Sammekull
07-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Wayne!
Such an interesting title, yet no butt-icon. I smelled a fraud!

I'll comment on the first one, which in my book is superior to the others. That snow is magical... beautifully rendered! I actually miss the snow now, midst in summer here in Sweden.
I do however think that the yellow leave could have been painted using a slightly smaller brush, as I think the don't fit in as good as they could. They break a harmony... or so I think.
But I would love to have this on my wall, "fixed" or"not fixed".

Cheers!!!

//Matt

artinoils
07-15-2004, 03:25 PM
number one is very well executed, there is an over all calmness in it, thought out well, nice depth
number two good colors, interesting light drop spots, to much business in the lower left quarter. the softness is good
number three needs more umph?
Caroline ;)
Couldn't say it better. Keep up the good progress! You're on a roll. :)

RoomeJee
07-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Excelent work, i wish i can have that strength in my brush one day. as me being in Kidergarden of painting, i better keep my mouth shut, and just be amazed as am in no power to suggest.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

YLCIA
07-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I like all three but number one is the best :)even though the colors on the second are awesome!

Julia

sugar tree gal
07-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Wayne, as always good job, the flowers are lovely Janice :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
07-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Thank you all very much.

Matt, welcome to my world. I do believe you are right. It's sold so it's out of reach for fixes but after your comment I belive it would have been a little more suttle as you say. I did another small study at the same time (which I looked at last night) using a smaller stroke for the leaves, and it does seem to be more settled.