PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks I am new

TauCetiV
07-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi folks I am new member and a new painter. I am trying to learn how to do things better :) This is my first completed painting from a vacation in LongBoat Key Florida. It is oil on canvas board 8x10. I have not posted this yet in the critique forum. Prob will though as well. Brush and knife were used.
Any suggestions?

Marty C
07-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Terri,
Welcome to the Marine Art forum, nice of you to visit.
This is a very good work, the composition is good with the grasses framing the focal area and directing the eye towards the sea. The inshore sea is very well done with good colour and value variation progressing to the horizon. There is lots of movement in the water, the white flecks adding to the impression of a windy, restless ocean. Good job on the clouds and the yachts complete the scene nicely.
Terrific work, more please!

TauCetiV
07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi Marty,
Thanks! I checked out your art and I like the realism in it- You are so lucky to live in Australia! So many beautiful beaches! I used to live in Hawaii until I was 16. The coral reefs were so fun to go snorkling around!

LEIGH RUST
07-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi Terri! As Marty said, welcome and nice work for your first piece. Very nice colours, good composition. Keep it up :)

TauCetiV
07-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi rustyart thanks!