PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried oils on your Wallis paper?

jackiesimmonds
07-13-2004, 05:25 AM
I know that many of you use Wallis for pastelling, but I would like to know whether anyone has used it for oil painting (other than you, Kitty), and if so, how you like it, how it differed from canvas in use, what brushes you found the best to use. I may use the info in an article I am writing.

thanks
Jackie

CarlyHardy
07-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I know that many of you use Wallis for pastelling, but I would like to know whether anyone has used it for oil painting (other than you, Kitty), and if so, how you like it, how it differed from canvas in use, what brushes you found the best to use. I may use the info in an article I am writing.

thanks
Jackie

Jackie,
I thought you were addressing this question to the oil pastellists...but if you're interested in oil painters....you'd probably get a better response for an article, if you posted it in the Oil Painting Forum.

An article sounds interesting! Magazine? We won't tell :D
carly

jackiesimmonds
07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Carly, I have asked this q in the oil painting forum. I just thought there might be a few pastellists who might have tried it with oils, there are those who work in all media.

Jackie

artist_pw
07-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi:

If you are not particular to only sanded Wallis paper, but other sanded pastel papers, there are a few members of the MidAmerica Pastel Society who have used ArtSpectrum's ColorFix paper with oils and like it.

jackiesimmonds
07-15-2004, 04:35 AM
thanks but I am specifically looking for response with regard to Wallis paper. It's for an article I am writing. Looks like I will have to try it myself!

ooo, just got a great reply in the oils forum. For any pastellist, interested in trying out oil on paper, have a look at this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2508476#post2508476

Jackie