PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Barb (bjcohan) for the inspiration!

J Harris
07-13-2004, 12:32 AM
A long time ago I made some egg beads, but they didn't sell for much on Ebay and I didn't think that anyone was interested in them. Then I read on a thread in the Lobby where Barb (bjcohan) said that she wanted one of my egg beads and it took me by such surprise! Anyway...thought I'd try to do one again and here it is...it's a clear egg with a thin encasing of Ink Blue. The egg is divided into four quadrants with some latticino cane. Two of the quadrants have an iris in them and two of them have dragonflies. The photos aren't so great, it really does look better in person. So thank you Barb for the inspiration to do another one of these! I'll probably put it up on Ebay in a week or so. I'm not ready to part with it just yet.

Jan

margaretz
07-13-2004, 12:37 AM
The egg is lovely! Your technique is impressive- the latticino look perfect.
Great job and thanks for sharing it with us!

DebbieSue
07-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Lovely bead. I especially like the little dragonfly! :)

Debbie

Schermo
07-13-2004, 01:22 AM
A long time ago I made some egg beads, but they didn't sell for much on Ebay and I didn't think that anyone was interested in them. Then I read on a thread in the Lobby where Barb (bjcohan) said that she wanted one of my egg beads and it took me by such surprise! ... So thank you Barb for the inspiration to do another one of these!
Jan

OH, now you've gone and done it. I'm sharing a room with Barb at The Gathering, and she's going to be insufferable to live with. I can hear it now, "Hi, my name is Barb, and I'M AN INSPIRATION!" he he he he

Seriously, Jan, that is an jaw-dropping, eye-popping bead. (And not just because I love dragonflies, irises and anything purple.) Simply beautiful!

I don't blame you for holding on to it for a while, but I'll keep my out on ebay, just in case....

Schermo
"Hi, my name is Schermo, and I HAVE PERSPIRATION!"

GinnyHampton
07-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Jan, that egg is just delicious!!! No wait, it's .. .. . eggggcellent, it's eggggstravagant!! LOL!

I love the dragonfly too :)

J Harris
07-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Well thanks guys! I appreciate it so much! Ann, I sure wish I could go to the Gathering, it'd be a hoot to meet you and Barb and all the other lampworkers who I know only by their tiny heads. I keep saying "next year" and so far it just hasn't happened. Have a super time though!

Jan

sunshine1951
07-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Jan, you're on my watched sellers list on Ebay, I just love what you do, show us pictures often!!! The dragonfly bead is really exceptional.

Virginia L.
07-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Fantastic work of art - WOW, I am so glad you got inspired to do that - congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: