PDA

View Full Version : Prizes! Fame! Fortune Await in Kalamazoo!

Lisa Olivarez
07-12-2004, 11:59 PM
X posted in plein air

Event Wednsday July 14th
Hi, thought maybe some of you would be interested. Iris? Can you make it???It's free!!!! Prizes! Fame! Fortune! :clap:

I know I promised this a week ago, my apologies. Amazing how time flies and how this Wednesday is our first-ever Plein Air event in Bronson Park. We are so very excited that you are apart of it. Thanks for being brave and challenged by the offer to participate in this awesome event. Here are a few updates:

Check in starts at 9:30 by the stage.

We have reserved parking meters along Academy Street for you to park. When you check in you will get a parking sticker that you can put on your dash. If you need help doing that we have runners who can assist.

You will receive (at check-in) a sign with an artist number. You will also receive a name tag. We would like you to keep your sign and tag with you throughout the day.

You can move anywhere in Bronson Park. We need you to stay in the park so that people can watch you at work. (Running away is not allowed…..).

This is a really fun event and we believe that our downtown workers and visitors will come to watch all of you at work. It’s fascinating and people truly appreciate what you do and are amazed by your creativity and your artistic expression. There maybe people who are too nosey. If that happens and they are bugging you, please let us know and we will help you by encouraging them to move to another area….politely, of course.

We know it’s yucky, but we will have a port-a-jon on site…..but you can always use KIA or City Hall.

Lunch will be served by Bogie’s Café and we will have a luncheon menu for you to select your box lunch at check-in. We will probably serve lunch around 11:30 a.m.

The judges will start viewing at about 2:30 p.m. The judges include: Mary Jo Lemanski (KIA), Ted Schnur (Little Cities Gallery), and Lisa Williams (Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo). They should be completed by 3:30 p.m.

The winners will be announced at that time. We will have prize packages available for each category.

We would like to display the work of the people selected from each category at Little Cities Gallery.

You are able to sell your work, but please have people pick up the work after 3:30 p.m.

And, as a very small token of our appreciation…..we have a signature t-shirt as a commemorative item for this very special day.

And, of course, you have our heartfelt thanks for doing this and being a partner in our celebration of art, culture, and the Millet to Matisse exhibit.

We would be happy to accept late artists…so if you know of someone who would like to still join us. Please have them contact me.

Thanks so much….and we will see you on Wednesday.
Deborah Droppers

The Event Company

269/388-2830 phone

269/388-3083 fax

www.eventkalamazoo.com

CarlyHardy
07-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Lisa,
this sounds like so much fun....wish I lived close enough to join in!!

Take photos and write up a story for the Plein Air magazine!!

carly