PDA

View Full Version : need help with skin color in my painting

owens1299
10-04-2001, 01:34 PM
I am having a real problem with a painting that I am working on... it is of my friend who is half white/half black... she has the paler black skin tones but I just cant seem to get the right skin tone... I am going to post the painting here... but remember it is only partly done please... hehehe...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2001/IMAGE14.jpg

I dont have a photo of my friend Christy that is scanned into my computer, which i know would help greatly... but any help would be great... thanks

billyg
10-08-2001, 03:52 AM
Hey Owens,
cant say you haev a problem with the skin tone . Only thing I would look at is the light strike on the work which looks good on the arms and the fabric but little to show on the face. Maybe this will help your problem by looking at the light there.
Billyg :D

amanda
10-19-2001, 11:42 AM
I just wanted to comment that I really like your painting. The flow of the material really is gorgeous. It's a very powerful piece of work. I hope you post the finished product for us to see. Oh, and I don't think the skin tones look bad, at least in this picture!

judithdagostino
11-02-2001, 09:41 PM
I agree with Billyg and also, you need to tone down the left eye. It is too bright compared to the other and it looks like it should be more in shadow. Highlight the right side of the face (as seen from the viewers perspective.) Perhaps you can lighten the bridge of the nose where the light source is coming from just a tad. I think it is a very fine painting and hope to see it completed!

JD