PDA

View Full Version : Peggy,s Cove n.s

thebrush
07-11-2004, 03:04 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-11-2004/43360_peggycove(1).jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Peggy,s Cove n.s
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:

This image is a little washed out ,an the grass area as to be reworked, take a good look at the rocks under the water ,i wanted to give them a bit more color but i glazed them to many time an gave the water more depth . I guess you 'll learn has you go.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This my fisrt time on so dont be to harsh lol
All comments welcome and appreciated

Dana Design
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Oh, those rocks, pilings, red shingled house and, well, everything else are wonderfully painted. I enjoyed looking over every bit of this.

The boats look brand spanking new without any dings, rust or water lines which is the only nit to me. But the shading is so wonderful that it makes up for that.

I'd like to welcome you to Wet Canvas and hope to see more of your very special work here!

Thanks for joining!

IthinkIart
07-11-2004, 03:18 PM
This is very well done, TheBrush, you've put a lot of great detail in particularly the forefront building, and rocks...I think you captured them beautifully. I've been to Peggy's Cove a few times...last time was in the 90's however, so I'm guessing as to whether this is a percpective from somewhere near the little restaurant they have?

The only thing that I see might be a bit more shadow/highlight work on the little buildings across the way, not much though mind you, just enough to lend a bit more depth...and take into consideration I'm sitting outside on a sunny day so my laptop screen could be throwing my view off quite a bit. Lesson: don't critique in poor lighting

:p

It's a great piece and can't wait to see more!

IthinkIart

Michael-Ann
07-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Fantastic realism and a lovely place! I think perhaps I should go to Nova Scotia to be certain that you captured the details of this scene ;) Beautiful painting and welcome!

Gilberte
07-11-2004, 04:39 PM
All I can say is Welcome and ... post more.
Me, I thought it was a Norwegian or Finland scenery :rolleyes:

Mikey
07-11-2004, 04:59 PM
No harsh crits, just another warm welcome. Tremendous talent here, with wonderful foreground rocks and water. You do seems to have painted the background in a other style and I think it is the smoothness of the farthest boats black hull which accentuates that. You've obviously realised that more distant objects wont have the same detail, which would account for this. I'd love to see and enjoy more of your work.

MIkey

Joi
07-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey, welcome!
This is a lovely piece.
I know you say the image is washed out. But the intensity of the blue in the water and the red under the roof really make this for me :)