PDA

View Full Version : early morning

nethra
07-09-2004, 10:25 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-09-2004/31464_boatsearlymorning.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: early morning
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20*30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The right side of painting is wet with a layer of glaze & there's a glare in that area.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any criticisms and comments most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Michael-Ann
07-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Nethra this is lovely and you have most certainly captured the essence of morning as opposed to evening...very cool.

Moosehead
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Stunning! I think the composition is well done. The beached boats have a lot of charachter and I love your use of colour, where the sun glints off of the. I like the shimmering on the water, and the colours in the sky as well.
Just the smallest critique-the water horizon does not appear to be entirely flat and horizontal, which I think it should be-but that might just be my eye.
Still, beautiful work.

SMViolano
07-09-2004, 02:40 PM
The light is fantastic- I can FEEL the sun! Fantastic attention to detail. The time of day you have painted is very difficult to capture proper lighting and you have done it with flair!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

roberj
07-09-2004, 11:55 PM
This is a powerful assemblyof tangent lines. Nice color.Good control.

Bob

nethra
07-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks very much Micheal-Ann,Moosehead,SMViolano and roberj for looking and taking time to comment.Moosehead, after reading your comment I did realize the horizon line is the not straight.I'll try to fix it. Thanks. :)
Nethra

haaf
07-10-2004, 07:02 AM
good work, evocative!
at the edge of the sandy area you've put a darker line, that line color is the same as the edge of the second boat, that creates some confusion an that area, easy to be fixed I think.
Caroline ;)

oblique
07-10-2004, 07:12 AM
The lighting and the color combinations are well done. The painting has a serene feel. Only distraction are the dark lines - on the horizon, on the sand, on top of the boats, my eyes don't know where to focus. Beautiful work.

nethra
07-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks Caroline and Oblique for pointing out the dark lines and your comments.
Am off to my painting with a brush now :)
Nethra