PDA

View Full Version : Santa won!

soap
07-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi Guys

Do you remember my painting of Santa from last year? Dawn? - you must remember!

Well, I sent it in for the yearly SAA (Society for All Artists - UK based) christmas card competition and it won! Am very pleased - The SAA will print cards from it. They will be used by the SAA as their xmas card and sent to their contacts and the cards will be for sale from September onwards via the SAA.

OOHOO..........my good old Santa........

DominicM
07-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Am very pleased...

So you should be.. Ho Ho Ho. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dark_Shades
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi Guys

Do you remember my painting of Santa from last year? Dawn? - you must remember!

Well, I sent it in for the yearly SAA (Society for All Artists - UK based) christmas card competition and it won! Am very pleased - The SAA will print cards from it. They will be used by the SAA as their xmas card and sent to their contacts and the cards will be for sale from September onwards via the SAA.

OOHOO..........my good old Santa........

How Could I forget...... he's so memorable........ I was looking round your site the other day, and couldnt find him :crying:
You KNOW how much I loved him Soap.......... he's the Bees Knees :D

Well, absolutely congratulations..........
he was an Obvious Winner :clap: :clap: :clap: .. what an acclaim too, not only a Winner, but to be printed into their cards too..... excellent!!!

Dyin
07-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Sophie...that's GREAT!!!! I'm not in the least surprised...he truly is one of my all time favorite Santas and he belongs on a card!!! You'll have to let us know where and how to order them, if I can't afford it, could at least get one or two for a couple special people :) Congratulations...hope it came with a good prize along with the exposure! :clap:

K Taylor-Green
07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Congratulations, Sophie!! :clap: :clap: :clap: What a thrill, and having seen your work, well deserved!

E-J
07-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Sophie, I don't normally send christmas cards but I'll be putting in my order for a couple of your Santas this year :clap:

Khadres
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
WE NEWBIES WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Congrats, congrats!!! :clap:

CarlyHardy
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys

Do you remember my painting of Santa from last year?

Nope....no memory! I'm a newbie too...lol! Wanna see....please....please...is there a thread that we can look up?

Congratulations on winning the competition!! :clap: :clap:
carly

Dyin
07-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Here's her thread...it was in portraiture...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150259

Deborah Secor
07-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Whooohooo! Excellent, Sophie--I remember it too and it's a winner! CONGRATULATIONS! The exposure will be great for you.

My goodness, folks in this forum are doing so well lately. Lots of prizes and commissions and sales. :D

Deborah

pjo
07-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi, I just had a look see at "Santa", Congrats, on your award and your wonderful painting!

Kitty Wallis
07-10-2004, 04:04 AM
WE NEWBIES WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thanks, Sue for finding the thread.

Sophie, Congratulations on the win! :)

vanityfaire
07-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Sophie congratulations. I just looked at the thread and he is incredible. You must be so excited. Let us know how we can order him . vanity :clap:

bnoonan
07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Sophie -congratulations!!! I agree - how could it not win - it was superb!!!!

Enjoy the glory and do share it with the new folks.

Barb :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

Mikki Petersen
07-10-2004, 02:26 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

An honor well deserved! What an accomplishment and affirmation of your talent!

meowmeow
07-10-2004, 05:58 PM
He was a most memorable Santa! I am not at all surprised he won.
Congratulations, Sophie! YOu should be very pleased!

Sandy

Mo.
07-10-2004, 07:20 PM
WOWEEEEE!!!! Sophie I'm so thrilled and excited for you, this is fantastic news, and so well deserved, I still have your santa card, won't part with it at any cost. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mo. :)

soap
07-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you........and thanks Sue for digging up the thread......

I was away this weekend so could not respond earlier, but am thrilled to read all your wonderful replies!

I'll let you know if and how you can order them - it will be from September. And I am sure I'll put the info on my website as well at that time.
The prize is really the exposure.

Thanks all........