PDA

View Full Version : Help! How do I contact Ebay/Billpoint

Sumafra
10-03-2001, 01:50 PM
I sold an item on Ebay in the charity auction. The auction ended 3 days ago. I didn't hear back from Billpoint telling me that the item was paid for so I emailed my buyer. I just heard back from him and he paid LAST SUNDAY, 3 days ago. I've been all over the ebay site trying to figure out how to contact someone to inquire about this. Can't find an email address anywhere. I find that so frustrating.

Can anyone help??

cagathoc
10-03-2001, 01:55 PM
I have only ever been able to find the help message boards - which is a dirty trick. Go here:

http://pages.ebay.com/community/chat/index.html

People who work for ebay answer (usually).

Sumafra
10-03-2001, 02:12 PM
Thanks cagathoc, I did manage to find the following address in one of the posts:

[email protected]

CarlyHardy
10-04-2001, 10:36 AM
Once the auction closed, the buyer paid your account with Billpoint immediately. If you check your Billpoint account you'll see a payment from that buyer to your account....but eBay immediately donated that amount from your account to the Auction for America fund you selected....so you don't actually get the money! The amount paid was your donation to the Fund. The buyer doesn't get to claim a donation because they bought your painting and will receive it.

All you have to do is ship to the address that you should have received from Billpoint. If you don't see a payment for the painting on your Billpoint account, I'd contact ebay about that! And don't ship the painting without knowing that it was paid for.

carly

Sumafra
10-04-2001, 10:20 PM
Thanks, Carly. I understand how it works. It seems that Billpoint sent my notice to my former email address so i never got it. I am unable to access my account information because I had a virus last summer and ever since then there are certain things I can't do and sites I can't access, and I can't access my Billpoint account. I sent them an email but have not received a reply. I have already shipped the painting. I have no doubt that it was paid for so I'm not holding things up.

CarlyHardy
10-04-2001, 11:28 PM
That's great! I'm glad you knew who the buyer was and got their address. Sorry to hear you have those email problems! I had to change mine a couple of weeks back on all my accounts...and it was crazy!
Hope you get everything straightened out soon!
carly