PDA

View Full Version : A favorite visitors spot

Yax
07-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Well here I am with another oil on paper. I'm afraid I'm wearing out on painting on paper. Even though the paper is treated, it still absorbs the paint. It has a complete different feel from panting on canvas. I'm use to scrubbing, wiping or what ever to the pant on canvas, and that is very limited with paper. This is a 9x12" painting of one of the favorite tourist spots here on the islands. Yax

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2004/2437-studio_painting__07_05_04.jpg

shrinkinviolet
07-06-2004, 04:25 AM
I would love to lie on that beach and read a good book. This sure evokes a summer feeling.
By the way, I just finished "Reading Lolita in Teran" I highly recommend it.
Judy

Regina McMullan
07-06-2004, 01:15 PM
I want the chair next to Judy. I can feel that breeze and smell the salt air. You've really captured the moment with this one.

Marty C
07-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi Yax,
You have captured the atmosphere in this, you can almost feel the warmth and humidity. It very much reminds me of Bali and areas near Legian Beach. Well done.

Diane Cutter
07-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Nice sense of the heat of the day with those shadows... I like it a lot...

Diane

Yax
07-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for looking, and your comments. Yax

Bobbo
07-08-2004, 10:36 AM
this looks soo inviting
can feel the heat of the sun on the sand
great feeling great composition
was it plein air?

Yax
07-08-2004, 12:01 PM
this looks soo inviting
can feel the heat of the sun on the sand
great feeling great composition
was it plein air?

Hi Bobbo, No, this was done in my studio. I'm on my way this morning to do some plein air painting. It looks like a great day for it. Yax

Dark_Shades
07-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Lovely Sunshine and Shadows...... wish I could be there :)

Lady Carol
07-18-2004, 12:23 AM
I thought this was a watercolour. I am amazed that oil looks this good on paper.

I have 1 small crit. The middle tree's lower branch does not appear to be attached to anything. This is an easy fix. Oh and it may look better in real life... so disregard this comment if it does.

gnu
07-18-2004, 01:32 AM
funny, the one I did on paper(acrylic) was a scene like this too..I liked working smooth, but now that I use a knife, canvas is better..
I recognise the work in the shadows and the fronds, I really remember vivdly trying to capture these things..
I like that you've got figures in there..umbrellas maybe look a tad small in comparison?
amyway, reminds me of Tropical North Aussie..lovely!! :clap: :clap: