PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective: Over the Edge

LEIGH RUST
07-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi guys, This is a piece I created a few years ago in soft pastel after a visit to the Mornington Peninsula in Australia. Beneath me was a 20 foot drop as I perched precariously on the 2 rocks in the foreground. Size of the work is about 2 ft by 3 ft. I'm still stupid enough to be putting myself in hairy situations for the sake of my art. Maybe one day I'll learn...

Marty C
07-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Leigh,
Well I'm glad you stick you neck out as this is a wonderful piece. The rocks are very well done, the feeling of height is definitely there. A great result, worth the effort.

anney
07-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Beneath me was a 20 foot drop as I perched precariously on the 2 rocks in the foreground. Size of the work is about 2 ft by 3 ft

I could never do that even for the sake of my art! But I agree with Marty, it worth it. I like the way you did the sea too.

Anne

Diane Cutter
07-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Beautiful, especially for those of us who fear heights... It's a picture I would never do, but I certainly enjoy looking at it. Love how you did your water...

Diane

LEIGH RUST
07-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah, the funny thing about the fear of heights thing. I used to be a shocker, but after many years as a signwriter balancing precariously on ladders, rooftops, fascias and the like I finally overcame it. In pursuit of my inspiration I dont let my fears stand in the way of my dreams!

Yax
07-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Great picture...you did a wonderful job. Yax

Bobbo
07-11-2004, 04:35 PM
excellent,
the buzz of sitting on the edge
must have helped,
creatintg this picture!!

those dark mean rocks work well
creating distance against the sea
:clap:

aquamel
07-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous!! I get the sense of looking over the edge, down at the crashing rocks. And you said it's 2 x 3 ft too, I think your piece would give me vertigo if I were to see it in person! Excellent job! :clap:

Gillette
07-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Rusty
every time I go online I have to look at your painting, I reckon that's what vertigo is all about, I have a horror of heights, although I've experienced a few.
it's a terrific painting and superb from that unusual angle.
There I've done it now, I had to pluck up courage to even comment!
Well done
Jane.

LEIGH RUST
07-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks to all of you for your support. Jane thanks for plucking up the courage to comment. I'm honoured to have created a piece that you find so compelling! :)