PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a Vermeer??

pipicacassosso
07-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Here's your once in a lifetime opp. There are only 40 known Vermeers around. In museums. Here's the one you can hang in your own family room. Do not miss it.

http://www.artnet.com/net/PublicLotDetails.aspx?lot_id=423979094&page=1

Michael-Ann
07-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Very well, I'll take two please. :D

Pilan
07-03-2004, 03:16 AM
me :clap: unfortunately, my ship sank :eek:

Smileawhyl
07-03-2004, 05:49 AM
I dunno. She sort of looks like a cross between Pee Wee Herman and Toby McGuire in drag. I think I'll pass on this one!

Gellee
07-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I gotta agree w/ Smile. I'll pass too. :D

debi-d
07-03-2004, 11:15 AM
have to agree, even though she is imortal on canvas Im not sure Id want her looking at me every day. I might try fixing her hair with a little paint :D
debi

Gar
07-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I'd take a scrap of cloth that Vermeer scraped his trough on. If for nothing but it's rarity, age, history alone.

Pilan
07-03-2004, 03:32 PM
:clap: you know it GAR!

I'd take a scrap of cloth that Vermeer scraped his trough on. If for nothing but it's rarity, age, history alone.

Smileawhyl
07-03-2004, 03:58 PM
No argument the Flemish genius of Vermeer is priceless, and I would "take" any scrap of him that was offered. But something tells me this painting isn't a freebie, and in that regard, I'd rather have a "Gar" and a "Pilan" and a "Kelly" and an "Aurorapope" and a few "Bisco's", "Heh's", "muchfoolishnesses", definitely "Zotma's", "Mame's" and a future "Zalo" or two for the future value to humanity for the money. (Apologies for anyone else not springing to my spongy mind right now). Oh yeah, and some naughty "SanDL Pears"!

SanDL
07-03-2004, 11:05 PM
No argument the Flemish genius of Vermeer is priceless, and I would "take" any scrap of him that was offered. But something tells me this painting isn't a freebie, and in that regard, I'd rather have a "Gar" and a "Pilan" and a "Kelly" and an "Aurorapope" and a few "Bisco's", "Heh's", "muchfoolishnesses", definitely "Zotma's", "Mame's" and a future "Zalo" or two for the future value to humanity for the money. (Apologies for anyone else not springing to my spongy mind right now). Oh yeah, and some naughty "SanDL Pears"!

My pears are not naughty! :D

arourapope
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Your pairs are terribly naughty! :D
I don't care about the girl, but I'm totally in love with the wall behind her.

SanDL
07-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Your pairs are terribly naughty! :D
I don't care about the girl, but I'm totally in love with the wall behind her.

Well, yes. My pairs are naughty, but not my pears. :D
And yes, I'd buy the wall.

I have had the thought that some of Vermeers models had fetal alcohol syndrome. (not necessarily above image). But look for eyes wide apart, flat midface, low nasal bridge, no little dip between nose and upper lip and a small small jaw. The attached picture makes me wonder.