PDA

View Full Version : frosty morning

nethra
07-02-2004, 11:36 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-02-2004/31464_frosty_morning.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: frosty morning
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20*30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Inspired by a photo in the image library. Done with knife.The painting is still wet. Looks more dull and when scanned.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
does the painting look real frosty ;-) ?
Please do write if anything else needs to be improved. Thanks in advance .

Spyderbabe
07-02-2004, 11:47 AM
It reminds me of early morning on the water when the mist is rising. Nice movement in the trees too.

Gilberte
07-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Got to agree with Spyderbabe.
And it's a nice painting but I can't see a frosty scenery, which is of no importance really ...

Dana Design
07-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello, nethra. As photographed, your painting looks very monochromatic. Is it? I like what you've done with the fields and trees but you've disected your painting in half with the golden stream. The rule of thumb (don't ask me who's thumb?) states that when you divide a painting in half either with a stream, horizon, or any other straightish line, each half fights for attention. I think this painting would be stronger if your stream ran 1/3 way from the bottom of the canvas.

The land's edge toward the top where the bank of trees begins could also use some definition....perhaps some darks at the base of the bank of trees.

Nice work, and there's talent here.

JMO.

nethra
07-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks Syderbabe,Gilberte and Dana Design for taking time to write.
Dana Design thanks for your rule of thumb :) tip.Am learning a lot from you guys.I really appreciate that very much. Next time I would try to use them in my painting. :)
Thanks again
Nethra

Dana Design
07-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Thanks Syderbabe,Gilberte and Dana Design for taking time to write.
Dana Design thanks for your rule of thumb :) tip.Am learning a lot from you guys.I really appreciate that very much. Next time I would try to use them in my painting. :)
Thanks again
Nethra

Great! We'll look for more paintings from you then? Hope so! :clap:

sugar tree gal
07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Nethra, I like your painting very much.. I don't see the mist. but I do like the mono colors.. Janice

nethra
07-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks sugar tree gal and dana design for your words.
I've tried attaching the pic again.Even though this looks dull than the original pic it does not give full monochromatic look like the previously attached image.

Dana Design
07-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Very nice and soft rendering! Keep painting and please post your results!

nethra
07-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Thanks dana for looking at both my paintings & your positive words. :clap: I hope I'll do more paintings and learn more. :) .take care
Nethra