PDA

View Full Version : Anger

amylynne
07-02-2004, 09:56 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-02-2004/1406_Angerpntgweb.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Anger
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Abstracts aren't really my thing. My ex would always know if I was pissed off or depressed if I was painting them..LOL I think this one is clear as to which I was....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I've been working on this off and on for quite a while. should I have made the background more black in stead of grey? I'm also trying to use it as a light study and having a really hard time. The light it supposed to be comin from the top right center.

They are supposed to be dagers not spheres to but I'm having a hard time getting them to look that way. red is giving me a hard time because I want the highlight to be strong but not be pink or orange.

Please help, a digital would be great!!!!!

Dana Design
07-02-2004, 10:03 AM
I like this angry nest of barbs. The shadows play well together and the bg is fine. It would have been more dramatic with a black bg, but it still reads well.

Good work!

todd71_63116
07-02-2004, 03:39 PM
it interesting, but relying on black and grey is becoming too much of a standard and a cop out...ok off my soapbox...

i like it..its got dynamic to it..but i dunno...it seems too evenly weighted and the perspective seems to be too flat for it too be to be angry for me...i can see thats what you would be trying to get across, but it wouldnt quite do it for me...

are you using anything for reference for the colors or just winging it? depending on the 'material' theyre supposed to be, maybe get more dramatic with the highlights and shadows...

gradate the background a bit maybe to give it some more depth to really help pop your forms out....theyve got some good depth to them...

i like the stylization of it...:)

TScottDove
07-02-2004, 09:36 PM
i like the idea of a black background. and gradated is a good idea - from med/dark gray to black. some hot white highlights would add to the severity

amylynne
07-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your input. I am just winging it so I don't have anything to go by. I'm really not sure what kind of objects I was thinking of....barbs is pretty accurate. It spells out "anger" in there, although I even forget where the entire thing is.....

I'm going to try graduateing the bg black and grey as you guys mentioned and put a larger contrast in there. Thanks again!