PDA

View Full Version : Lavendar Rose

amylynne
07-02-2004, 09:46 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-02-2004/1406_rosepntg1web.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Lavendar Rose
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I found this pic in the reference library and loved it! I was also inspired by the incredible golden rose earlier in the week. This is my first try at a rose close up.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I don't think I'm getting enough flow in the petals and it looks stuck on once again...how can I fix this? Also I haven't touched the green leaves so ignore that. Any suggestions on anything would be great! Thanks

Mikey
07-02-2004, 09:49 AM
I can almost smell the scent, but cannot offer any advice on flowers.

Mikey

Dana Design
07-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Very difficult to see the leaves but the rose is well done. You could "melt" or fade some petals into the bg to achieve a look of oneness with the petals and bg instead of having them all perfectly edged.

I'll look forward to seeing this finished. Beautiful rose!

todd71_63116
07-02-2004, 03:43 PM
beautiful...i think it flows well...its all the negative space that seems to need something in it...something kind of muted maybe? so it doesnt take away from the rose itself...

maybe go a touch more vivid on the color of the rose..tho it may be the digital reproduction thats taken away from it...

its very nice...reminding me of a greeting card...if you did some kind of large gold script in the black...maybe to give it design and some interest, but not to distract...if that makes any sense..

Gilberte
07-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Nicely shadowed inside the petals creating great depth. Agree with Dana also !

TScottDove
07-02-2004, 09:30 PM
beautifully rendered. were it mine, i think i would bump-up the highlights and shadows for more drama.

by flow, do you mean blending? i've always used layers and layers of dry-brushing for acrylics

amylynne
07-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone. By flow, I meant the turns in the leaves made by the brush strokes. So, pretty much the same thing, I'm timid with dry brushes.

I am planning on using it for a note card so I was really happy to hear that! :clap:

I think you are right about the background but I'm hoping once I do the leaves it will help. My edges are definitely too crisp as well and the highlights could be bolder. Thank you so much, all of you. It's so much easier to see something when it's mentioned by someone else.

Thanks again!

juneto
04-25-2005, 04:04 AM
Your Flower is Perfect . Maybe you need some Lost Edges .
June