PDA

View Full Version : I have my own forum!

jackiesimmonds
07-02-2004, 02:54 AM
The illustrious bods at WC! have given me my own little corner. Not sure what I did to deserve this, but anyway, if anyone would like to drop in and see what I have to offer, or ask any special questions, do come and visit:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

see you there

Jackie

Kitty Wallis
07-02-2004, 03:55 AM
You've done more than enough to deserve it. Your generous teaching comments and your presence enliven these forums.

llis
07-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Jackie: We finally got around to creating your forum for you to use to promote your books, videos and of course your workshops. The forum is part of the IP program that you signed up for. Thanks so much for doing this. There are other perks to being an IP as well. Some of these we just sneak in without making a big announcement, (like the "this forum sponored in part by....") but we are hoping that all of them help all our IP's further promote their products and services.

Enjoy, and thanks again for being an IP.

Phyllis

Mikki Petersen
07-02-2004, 06:27 AM
I so value having you on the threads. You and Kitty and Deborah and Carly and Maggie and...the list goes on. You were one of the first to give me some serious instruction and I refer to your book often (even though it may not show in my work). I love that you will have your own place but hope it will not become a burden for you.

prestonsega
07-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Jackie,
After reviewing your book, I have come to the conclusion that it belongs in the library of beginners as well as advanced painters....while there is very little new to painting pictures since the walls of Lascoux, I think I most appreciate your extensive use of defining art related terms..As we tend to be visually oriented, we artists need to know how to accurately verbally communicate in a common language. Were I a first qtr college art instructor, I would make your book mandatory text........

jackiesimmonds
07-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Jackie,
After reviewing your book, I have come to the conclusion that it belongs in the library of beginners as well as advanced painters....while there is very little new to painting pictures since the walls of Lascoux, I think I most appreciate your extensive use of defining art related terms..As we tend to be visually oriented, we artists need to know how to accurately verbally communicate in a common language. Were I a first qtr college art instructor, I would make your book mandatory text........

what an accolade, thanks so much. However, just one thing...when you say "reviewing your book", I wonder which book you are talking about, because there are, actually, TWO books on pastel painting, written by me, in circulation. In case anyone reads this and want to get it, could you tell us which one you are talking about? I have written PASTELS WORKSHOP, which is a comprehensive book full of advice, demos, info and exercises, but as well as my work, it contains the work of many other artists. Then there is PASTELS WORKBOOK, similar title but very different content, it is a more "playful" and simple book for beginners to pastels, easy exercises to follow and simpler images to work from.

thanks
Jackie

prestonsega
07-03-2004, 05:29 AM
Sorry about that...the book I was refering to is The Collins Painting
Workshop, Pastels...but also good reference for all mediums.