PDA

View Full Version : The Jetty....

Adam Reece
07-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi Guys
This is my first thread in this forum. :D
Please let me know what you think of my second attempt at Oils. The painting is 18" x 14".
All replies wecome..

Marty C
07-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi Adam,
Welcome to the Marine Art forum.
You are doing very well for just your second oil. From the standard of this it seems you are no newcomer to art. What mediums have you worked in?
This has wonderful colour harmony, the sharp forms and greens and blues work really well to bring the eye to the focal point.
An very, very nice piece. Looking forward to more!

Adam Reece
07-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Hi Marty
Thanks for the comments. :D
You are right, I'm no newcomer to art. I have been interested in painting all my life. I've not been able to make a living from it yet though :crying:
I do have a BA Honors Degree in Illustration, most of my work being in watercolour though.
I have only started trying oils recently. I was hoping to get some of my paintings in the local galleries! Not sure if I'm good enough yet?
You can see some of my old paintings here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158205

itsmecherren
07-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Adam, this is really a pretty painting. I love the softness. Your grass is wonderful. I thought this was a watercolor until I read it.You will love oils with your experience in wc because one of the big problems with beginning with oil painting is the garishness. That's the ones that get painted over or tossed. Can't wait to see more. I'm going to check out your wc now.
Hi Marty. Cheryl

prospector
07-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Howdy Adam, Very nice painting fer a beginner. Looks almost like a water color. Have ya ever tried water based paint, watercolor, or acrylics? Like yer colors, and composition.

Welcome aboard to this group. Keep em coming.

Jack

Adam Reece
07-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks itsmecherren / prospector :D
I have done a fair bit of watercolours before, when I did my Degree.
Here's my First Oil incase anyone missed it before:
Any comments welcome :D

Diane Cutter
07-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Just lovely... based on what you've shown us here, you won't have any trouble getting your oils recognized. Wonderful work...

Diane

Adam Reece
07-03-2004, 04:01 AM
I think my biggest problem is that I have no confidence in oils yet & I'm never happy with the final painting. :confused:

aprilmay
07-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Happy with the final painting? I'm never happy - untill years later when I see a piece in someone else's home or go through my slides. Then I'm always surprised at much I do like it! Don't let that stop you.

I love the work you've posted so far. Such a soothing, crisp style with excellent color balance. I can't wait to see more!