PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt Designs..?

kare
07-01-2004, 01:47 AM
I have just purchased some T-Shirts from a company in Melbourne who are
printing some of my designs on the front. Such a big move for me!

I have never thought about putting my art on shirts before.. only displaying them in peoples homes and exhibitions here and there.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you ever do it for your own art? I jut thought that maybe, if I run off a few shirts, I can give a shirt to future customers, friends and family to wear etc.

Do you think it is a good advertising move? I know this may sound ludicrous, but I am not interested in money. I just want people to see my art and what I am capable of. Does that sound strange to you? I just want people to enjoy my art. So is displaying the art on T-Shirts a bad idea?

Kare.

kbilltv
07-01-2004, 02:35 AM
You answered your own question. I am tickled pink when I see a stranger wearing my art. Tickled pink I tell you! Bright pink! Any publication of your work at all is good advertising. T-shirts are very good advertising. Congratulations!

Chiers
07-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Although I have never done it en mass I have been known to put my artwork on a peice or two of clothing. I think it's a grand idea! Go for it.

kptad2
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
I have just purchased some T-Shirts from a company in Melbourne who are
printing some of my designs on the front. Such a big move for me!

I have never thought about putting my art on shirts before.. only displaying them in peoples homes and exhibitions here and there.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you ever do it for your own art? I jut thought that maybe, if I run off a few shirts, I can give a shirt to future customers, friends and family to wear etc.

Do you think it is a good advertising move? I know this may sound ludicrous, but I am not interested in money. I just want people to see my art and what I am capable of. Does that sound strange to you? I just want people to enjoy my art. So is displaying the art on T-Shirts a bad idea?

Kare.

I think its a god idea.. i have had a few pieces on clothing and what nots.. and seems to be a big hit and plus i look at like this its semi free advertising too :D Good luck in your venture :D

Michael
07-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I just want people to see my art and what I am capable of. ... I just want people to enjoy my art.
Kare.

Sounds Like a great idea to me....covers these aspects perfectly!

JCoop
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Kare, works for me!

That's the challenge... to get the artwork in front of people. I say, by any means necessary. Good for you!

kare
07-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys!! its always great to pop in here and see what all your ideas/opinions are! Thanks, I really appreciate it!!

I'll let you know what comes of it..