PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's Artarama Summer Sale

CarlyHardy
06-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Just got my new summer sale catalog from Jerry's. They have some good sale prices on oil and soft pastels! Here are a few that I spotted :)

Sennelier Soft Pastels, 80 half sticks, $49.99

Unison soft pastels, 18 Dark or Intro set, $53.99

Schmincke soft pastels, 60 Half Sticks, $99.99

Girault soft pastels, 25 colors, any set, $54.99
Girault soft pastels, 50 colors, any set, $109.99

NuPastels, set of 96, $49.99

Sennelier oil pastels, 48 Assorted or New colors set, $49.99

Wallis paper, 18 x24 white and belgium mist, pro, $5.99 sheet
Wallis paper, 9x12, 8 sheet pad, $13.99

Jerry's is online at www.jerrysartarama.com if you want to check out the sales online or order a catalog.

carly

judwal
06-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks for posting this information.

SweetBabyJ
06-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Add $8.95 to that total for shipping- Jerry's charges a flat rate shipping per dollar amount, and that near $9.00 is what it costs to ship anything under $50.00. It's a helluva good price for Wallis, and unlike some other places, you don't have to buy ten sheets, minimum, but that six dollar sheet of Wallis is actually fifteen dollars.

And Wallis rolls are out of stock- no matter what the website says. They're due in mid to end of July is what the Customer Service guy told me.

Khadres
06-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Sometimes, if you're ordering over $200 you're better off with Blick's ... free ordering over 200 and I think you only have to buy a total of six assorted sheets of any papers. They seem to mess orders up a lot less than Jerry's too. Don't get me wrong...I've ordered my share from Jerry's too. Just pays to look at the bottom line. If you want things like Arches, etc., Curry's is even better. I have yet to pay ANY shipping through them and that included a heavy paper cutter I just got for 30% less than anywhere else. Wish they carried Wallis! One caveat for Curry's, tho.....slowwwwwwwwwwww

Mikki Petersen
07-02-2004, 06:16 AM
Oh, you guys are so mean :crying: and I'm trying to be so good :angel: . I'm trying to hold on to my art supply budget until the Expo in Santa Fe. When my Jerry's flyer came in I didn't even look at it.

Hey Sooz, what's Curry's? Are they on line? I love Art Supply Werehouse ( www.aswexpress.com ). Generally, I find their everyday price beats everyone else's sale prices BUT one can get old waiting for delivery!

Khadres
07-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh, I hear ya on the waiting! But Curry's is slow too, mainly because they're in Canada and everything has to go through customs on the way down. They try to make up for it by giving US folks a 40% discount and (usually) free shipping. Now, they don't have EVERYTHING and their prices on pastels isn't that good, discount or not, but paper's a good deal (no Wallis yet tho) and things like smallish sets of OPs, aquarelle crayons, etc. are good deals. I just got a super deal of a five pak of Arches, as well. They're well worth checking out for stuff you don't need right away. You can find them at www.currys.com

I just ordered my granddaughter the 48 set of Prismacolor double-ended markers and saved bundle!

CarlyHardy
07-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Here's a perk! I just received a $10 coupon from Jerry's. I'm signed up for their online sales notifications :) At least this will pay for the shipping.

I had a bad and good experience with ASW recently. They shipped me some sanded boards but not what was listed online. Instead of a pack of 5, I only got one. So I notified them of the oversight and was told they would send me the rest of the order. I did get more boards, but only two....so I told them to give up, that the shipping was costing them more than what the board was worth and that apparently they had a failure to communicate with their packing dept :)

They replied that they would credit my card for the purchase and apologized for the mistakes.

I won't order anymore "packs" from them. Obviously what they have listed and what they ship are not the same. I do hope they get the problem fixed so that more customers don't have the same problem. I've always gotten good service from them.
carly

SweetBabyJ
07-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Jerry's and ASW use the same warehouse- and workers- and are experiencing a few customer service issues. There's a HUGE thread about it in one of the business forums (Online Art Supplies or somesuch) and while there's plenty of good experiences with both Jerry's and ASW, it seems as though there's been a slight shift toward some rather sloppy practices.

Darned good prices, though, both of them.