PDA

View Full Version : Mac Paint 1.0

Golden Kfir
06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Computer programs get seem to get more complex each year. Now you can't fully use a program like Photoshop with out going to school for it. I'm old school any believe in solving issues such as composition in fine arts with lots of tracing-paper and plenty of erasers rather then doing it on a computer. I believe that simplicity gets the best results. Mac Paint version 1.0 was a program that anyone could master within one hour and it never crashed.

SoniKalien
06-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Ahh.. but this is the digital age...

Golden Kfir
06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Nothing replaces the original. Lol.

SoniKalien
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
To be honest with you, I remember the days of MacPaint.

I didn't like the program then any more than I do now. I'm glad we can work in 32bit images, colour man! COLOUR! Alpha channels! no need for dithering!

In fact I think if you look around some, you may find that you are a bit alone in your thinking. We embrace technology, and we accept that it comes with a price, but we learn to be tolerant of the faults that this extra technology brings. Granted, you do need to adapt and often update your skills to utilise this technology, but it all starts with adjusting your attitude and your willingless to learn.

The other thing that technology brings is choice. There are now a wide range of image editing programs out there - some easy to learn some hard. People are often put off by Photoshop because of it's complexity, but IMOHO it's easier and more natural for me to use than Paint Shop Pro - althought no doubt there are thousands out there who would disagree with me.

It's time to let go of the past and embrace the future :P

:clap:

Michael
06-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Ummm...Yeah...What SoniK said :D

that being said...I have seen good work done with mac Paint.

SoniKalien
06-29-2004, 11:40 PM
... I have also seen good art done with a 4" house paintbrush...

:p

Michael
06-29-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2004/31740-digibrush.jpg :D

Jet
07-01-2004, 01:31 PM
........http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2004/27782-sofa.gif