PDA

View Full Version : Bubba needs a makeover!

Woof-a-Doof
06-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Meet Bubba, he was created in 3D Studio then imported into Bryce, where the materials where applied and final render took place. No other post work has been done with Bubba...

Feel free to take Bubba and do with him as you wish. Feel free to spindle, fold, and/or mutilate. I would be very curious to see what you guys can do with Bubba. Photoshop Phreaks encouraged, Painters welcomed also :clap:

Jet
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Woof, i just did some colorizing it

Thanks..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2004/27782-bubba-2.jpg

Woof-a-Doof
06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Woof, i just did some colorizing it

Thanks..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2004/27782-bubba-2.jpg

OMG...thats toooo funny Jet...cant figure who it reminds me off.....just too funny :clap:

tskinner
06-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Good exercise after a long day, Thanks.

janettbea
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi-- All these Bubas are terrific! tskinners Bubba looks like the late Bob Keeshan--Captain Kangeroo. Great job guys!...

Janet B.

Isabel XO
06-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Hello! I'm new to these here parts. I'm not an expert in PS, but, I'm learning! :-) I use PS CS ... here's my version of Bubba. Hope you don't mind that I jumped in. :angel:

- Inverted
- Colorized
- Applied dark strokes filter

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2004/45430-bubba-2.jpg

Woof-a-Doof
06-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Isabel XO--> Welcome, feel free to jump right into the mix! He struck me as funny, some reason he reminded me of Devine LOL I like what ya did with the color. Was that done on an individual layer (Color Mode)?

janettbea--> Yeah, the way "tskinner" did him he does remind me of Captain Kangaroo (RIP)

tskinner--> I really like what you did with Bubba! The flesh tone was tottaly unexpected, excellent. He does look like kinda like Captain Kangaroo :clap:

The attached version of Bubba I applied the "Liquify" Filter. Duplicated the layer and then adjusted the saturation levels along with the Curves. Again, I duplicated that layer and set it to Overlay. Then applied a Gausian Blur @ 1.5 pixels, . Duplicated again, this time Blending Mode was set to Normal and the Fill was set to 45%. An adjust ment layer was added and the Blend Mode was set to Difference, the fill was brought down to 7%. The final layer is my logo with a Smoke Filter applied, and Fill set to 48%

I think I had more fun with the Liquify filter than anything else, the rest was tweaking...I hope I remembered it all!

Thanks for taking another peek!

Jet
06-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Whoaa! many nicer versions ... :cool:

I went a little farther this time...
..i like the "sunny side up" eyes .... :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2004/27782-bubba1.jpg

Having fun here.... I heard Bubba needs a Mrs....:p

Regards

Isabel XO
06-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Isabel XO--> Welcome, feel free to jump right into the mix! He struck me as funny, some reason he reminded me of Devine LOL I like what ya did with the color. Was that done on an individual layer (Color Mode)?

:) Thank you! Well, I will try and answer your question w/o sounding technically disabled. :p

I duplicated the layer, and colored that one and set the opacity to a low setting (I can't remember now!). In the eyes, I just tried putting all sorts of differently colors blended in there, mainly in the blues/greens/gray/black. The lips were pinkish, and the teeth were whitened (mainly b/c I made a color boo-boo, and thought I'd fix it with white paint!!)

Woof-a-Doof
07-01-2004, 08:21 AM
:) Thank you! Well, I will try and answer your question w/o sounding technically disabled. :p

I duplicated the layer, and colored that one and set the opacity to a low setting (I can't remember now!). In the eyes, I just tried putting all sorts of differently colors blended in there, mainly in the blues/greens/gray/black. The lips were pinkish, and the teeth were whitened (mainly b/c I made a color boo-boo, and thought I'd fix it with white paint!!)

Cool! I am not so sure about the new version of Photoshop, I have PS7. In PS7 there are two annotatation tools, a text method and a audio method. Great way for keeping notes, or typing in ideas for future work on an image.
(course I am ADD and never remember to use it :rolleyes: )

Woof-a-Doof
07-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Jet Said--> "I heard Bubba needs a Mrs...."

Woof-a-Doof
07-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Meet Beulah Beuller, Bubba Beullers bubbling bride :D

I am posting her same as I did Bubba, feel free to use your "Photo-Manipulation" tools, also Painters...I would love to see what you can do with her also.

Also attached is the Beuller Greeeting card....fell free to spindle fold and/or mutilate!

Michael
07-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Meet Beulah Beuller, Bubba Beullers bubbling bride :D

I am posting her same as I did Bubba, feel free to use your "Photo-Manipulation" tools, also Painters...I would love to see what you can do with her also.

Also attached is the Beuller Greeeting card....fell free to spindle fold and/or mutilate!

LOL...too cool Woof!!

Hmmm...I may do this one yet...But, as we all know...I have absolutely no sense of humor :(

WELCOME TO WC! ISABEL!

Isabel XO
07-01-2004, 06:43 PM
WELCOME TO WC! ISABEL!

Moi? Thank you for the welcome!! :D I'm very happy to be here! Looking forward to learning a lot!

P.S. Is it okay to post random photos that I have that others can manipulate?

JeffAllen
07-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Here is Bubba wearing a mask to try to look like a human being lol! :D

Woof-a-Doof
07-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Here is Bubba wearing a mask to try to look like a human being lol! :D

ROFLMAO :clap:

That is just tooooo funny!!! Welcome to WC, more specifically the Digital Art forum :D Look forward to seeing more of what ya do!

furrtig
07-02-2004, 10:19 AM
people...people.....this tuberous looking cranium....it literally CRIES OUT to say, "hello, im mr. Pot...i mean Bubba-head". The newest rage on the market, get yours today!! order before midnight for best results, this offer maybe void in some states.... :D

furrtig

TeAnne
07-02-2004, 11:51 AM
I couldn't resist, that was fun :) Thanks.

themanda
07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
okay, here's mrs. bubba. she's a little windblown at the moment, cuz bubba's huntin dawg gets carsick if'n he rides in the back of the pickup fer too long.

Jet
07-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Bubba will love her...

...she looks like his rubber doll too !! :D

Great Job Mandy
:cool:

janettbea
07-02-2004, 10:36 PM
She's darling, themanda. :clap:

Janet B.

Isabel XO
07-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry I'm so late with this one ... she's not finished. :o

Anyone is free to continue working with her. :) I think I need to go out and buy a tablet! Working with my mouse is hard! LOL

What I did - (as much as I can remember)
- Inverted
- smudge tool (neck, nose, eyes - to smooth out the inverted areas)
- burn tool (eyes, mouth, lips, etc)
- Layering, and colorization.
- more, I'm sure ... :confused:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2004/45430-Beulah-Beuller2.jpg

Woof-a-Doof
07-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Isabel XO---> This is so funny, I have really enjoyed where you have taken Beulah, here for some reason she reminds me of Suzanne Sugarbaker (Delta Burke) of the TV series "Desiging Women" :D

Jet--> Oh no you didnt!!! LOL :clap:

themanda--> I think ya have special insight in the Bubba & Beulah Beuller. Pay no attention to Jet :rolleyes:

TeAnne--> I understand the temptation! Somethings just scream to be...Um, messed with. :D I love the whole diabolic nature you uncovered in Bubba :clap: Sometimes ya just never knows what resides behind a kind face LOL

furrtig--> You have a keen eye for the market! The whole Retro thing is real real big! :D

Lynxes123
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
OMG, this is hilarious, and I love everyone's versions of bubba, but furrtg's Mr. Potato Head version really cracked me up!!! :D
Lynxes123

TeAnne
07-04-2004, 12:15 AM
I love all the manips :clap:

He was getting too cute, so he just had to show his evil side :D
Thanks Woof :)